This is the highest daily counts recorded in the country so far.
According to the ministry’s report, 7,295 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases 6,021 of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 4,913 in Ho Chi Minh City, 608 in Binh Duong, 602 in Long An, 217 in Dong Nai, 212 in Tay Ninh, 129 in Dong Thap, 95 in Tien Giang, 70 in Hanoi, 58 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 51 in Khanh Hoa, 47 in Danang, 47 in Binh Thuan, 37 in Ninh Thuan, 34 in Can Tho, 30 in Phu Yen, 26 in Quang Ngai, 20 in Ben Tre, 15 in Tra Vinh, 13 in Kien Giang, 12 in Vinh Long, 11 in Nghe An, eight in Dak Nong, six in Binh Dinh, four in Dak Lak, four in Binh Phuoc, four in Hau Giang, four in Bac Ninh, three in Vinh Phuc, two in Quang Nam, two in Lam Dong, two in Ca Mau, two in Ha Tinh, two in An Giang, two in Bac Giang, and one each in Lai Chau, Hoa Binh, and Kon Tum. As many as 1,274 cases were found in the communities.
There were 12 imported patients confirmed on July 23 who are all Vietnamese people who recently returned from abroad.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 81,678 including 79,537 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on July 23, a total of 15,536 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
So far there have been 370 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
The country has conducted over 4.41 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 334,560 people having received two doses.
- Vietnam confirms five more imported Covid-19 patients, total reaches 1,402
- Vietnam reports three more imported Covid-19 patients
- Sri Lanka's COVID-19 patient count surpasses 40,000
- New Video Shows COVID-19 Patients Lined Up In California Hospital Hallways As Surge Continues
- New Video Shows COVID-19 Patients Lined Up In SoCal Hospital Hallways As Surge Continues
- CDC Issues New Guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Vietnam records 12 new imported Covid-19 patients, total reaches 1,433
- Vietnam records 12 imported Covid-19 patients on October 24
- Vietnam records two more imported Covid-19 patients, total rises to 1,407
- 14 more Covid-19 patients discharged from hospital
- Ukrainian man among new Covid-19 patients in Vietnam
- Six more imported Covid-19 patients confirmed in Vietnam, total rises to 1,420
Vietnam makes new record as daily Covid-19 patient tally surpasses 7,300 have 514 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.