A 5G mobile network, which is the latest mobile Internet technology with data transmission speeds promising 10-20 times faster than the current one, is being promoted in many countries.
In Vietnam, the Ministry of Information and Communications has licensed three large mobile service providers – Viettel, VNPT and MobiFone – to trial 5G services in the four largest cities of Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang and Hai Phong.
Since last December, the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) offered 5G coverage in the central districts of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
MobiFone also announced the trial of commercial 5G services in Ho Chi Minh City in December 2020, including 4K and 8K video, AR/VR virtual reality games – AI learning, IoT services.
Previously, on January 17, 2020, the first video call using 5G technology on gNodeB transceiver, researched and produced by Viettel, was successfully performed. Thus, Vietnam has officially mastered 5G network technology.
Le Dang Dung, acting chairman of Viettel, said that in terms of transmission infrastructure, IoT (Internet of Things) connection technology based on 4G LTE-M and NB-IoT has been deployed by Viettel, turning this corporation into one of the first 50 carriers in the world using these technologies.
Viettel is the first network operator in Vietnam that has caught up with leading countries for 5G in the world such as the US, Australia, Japan and South Korea. Vietnam lagged behind others for 3G and 4G technologies, but it is among the leading countries for 5G development.
MobiFone General Director To Manh Cuong said: "We will deploy 5G in the centers of big cities, and then gradually spread to other areas. It is clear that the demand for 5G and even 5G devices is not widespread."
Huynh Quang Liem, general director of VNPT, said that although there are not many 5G applications, VNPT will still deploy it soon.
5G is a suitable technology for the 4.0 revolution because it has super-fast transmission speeds and very low latency, which can be applied in many fields, especially in controlling IoT devices. Therefore, Vietnam must take advantage of this opportunity.
- Q&A with Jay Ellison: 2019 will usher in 5G technology — enabling bigger, better internet of things
- Race Is On to Protect Data From Next Leap in Computers. And China Has the Lead.
- Verizon provides ongoing leadership in evolution of 4G LTE Advanced and fiber network technologies, and is first to 5G in 2018
- Operation Convergent Response delivers technology in action for first responders
- Holding out for a 5G phone? Apple's won't hit market until at least 2020
- BT bars Huawei kit from core of 5G network
- Network speeds poised for giant leap forward in 5G
- 5G hype precedes next-gen reality
- Are next generation "5G mini cells" safe?
- Is your phone ready for 5G? No, it's not
- AT&T's 5G network is live in Dallas — but for now, you'll have to use a hotspot
- Red Bull Air Race returning to Indianapolis for at least one more year
Vietnam in 5G technology race have 488 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.