According to the ministry’s report, 8,620 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 4,180 in Ho Chi Minh City, 2,075 in Binh Duong, 544 in Long An, 456 in Dong Nai, 335 in Khanh Hoa, 146 in Dong Thap, 123 in Tien Giang, 115 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 75 in Binh Thuan, 72 in Can Tho, 72 in Tay Ninh, 58 in Phu Yen, 55 in Danang, 48 in Vinh Long, 46 in Hanoi, 32 in Dak Lak, 28 in Binh Dinh, 19 in Hau Giang, 16 in Kien Giang, 14 in Binh Phuoc, 13 in Thua Thien-Hue, 13 in Nghe An, 13 in Gia Lai, 12 in Dak Nong, 10 in Son La, 10 in Quang Nam, five in Ninh Thuan, five in Thanh Hoa, four each in Quang Tri, Ha Tinh, Vinh Phuc, three each in Lam Dong, Ha Nam, Hai Duong, two in Ninh Binh, two in An Giang, and one each in Kon Tum, Quang Ngai, Quang Binh, Hai Phong, and Bac Lieu. Among these new infections, 2,045 cases were found in the communities.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to report the highest number of new infections in the country. On Friday, the city also recorded 4,282 new patients, the majority of which are individuals who came into contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients or who were detected in either isolation and locked down areas. Social distancing rules are being further tightened in the city to contain the virus spread.
As of Saturday evening, 141,877 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 90,243 in the virus hotspot of Ho Chi Minh City. The outbreak has so far spread to 62 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 145,686 including 143,447 locally-transmitted cases.
On July 31, a total of 3,250 more patients were released from hospital following their full recovery, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 38,734.
Also on Saturday evening, a further 145 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 1,306.
The country has conducted over 5.93 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 588,893 people having received two doses.
- UK Police: All 39 Migrants Found Dead in Lorry from Vietnam, Three More Suspected Smugglers Detained
- I-Team helps Vietnam veteran get medical care
- A dozen cases of MRSA confirmed in Pittsburgh hospital NICU
- You can develop UTI from your dog; bacteria found in their feces could infect you
- HIV infections have leveled off in US, CDC warns
- HIV infection decline has leveled off in US, CDC warns
- Measles: At least 107 cases confirmed across 21 states
- Iran Confirms Massive Stuxnet Infection of Industrial Systems
- Back Orifice CDs infected with CIH virus
- 'Multiple casualties' confirmed after shooting at Pittsburgh synagogue
- Vietnam wins four medals at Int`l Chemistry Olympiad 2018
- Vietnam bags two gold medals at Int`l Chemistry Olympiad
Vietnam confirms 8,624 more Covid-19 infections on Saturday have 481 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.