Vietnamese Ambassador to Australia Nguyen Tat Thanh on July 22 chaired a meeting of the ASEAN Committee in Canberra (ACC) to sketch out the committee's operation plan in the rest of the year.
Participants at the meeting (Photo: Vietnamese Embassy in Australia)
This is the third meeting of the ACC so far this year and the first hosted by Vietnam as the chair of the committee from July to December 2021.
Participants agreed that the ACC should continue promoting its role of connecting the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) with the host country and strengthening the strategic partnership between the bloc and Australia in all fields, thus promoting the common interests of the countries and people in Australia.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic's complicated developments in the region and the world, ASEAN member countries showed solidarity and cooperation with Australia, and thanked the country for providing support to members of the association.
Representatives of ASEAN countries underlined the need to ensure utmost safety for citizens and diplomats of ASEAN nations in Australia.
In the rest of the year, the ACC will continue to coordinate with the host government to increase support to ASEAN members to overcome COVID-19 and boost economic recovery, while strengthening economic cooperation and people-to-people exchange with Australia, including efforts to expand visas for ASEAN citizens and help students from member countries to return to Australia for studying soon./.
- Vietnam chairs meeting of ASEAN-IPR Governing Council
- Vietnam to promote ASEAN – UK cooperation: ambassador
- Vietnam takes over Chairmanship of ASEAN Committee in Buenos Aires
- US senators congratulate Vietnam on assuming ASEAN Chairmanship
- ASEAN senior officials meet to prepare for AMM Retreat
- Human right-related foreign affairs contributes to empowering Vietnam's position in the world
- Event talks science-policy intertwining for ASEAN’s sustainable development
- Vietnam’s initiatives for ASEAN operation debated at SEOM 1/51
- Deputy PM highlights ASEAN’s priorities at 50th WEF meeting
- Vietnam takes on primary UN Security Council duties
- AMM Retreat to decide orientations for ASEAN Year 2020
- Deputy PM active at 50th meeting of WEF in Davos
Vietnam chairs meeting of ASEAN Committee in Canberra have 333 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.