New York (VNA) – Vietnam has expressed support for all-society approach to national reconciliation and harmony, building an united society resistant to risks of extremism and terrorism. Arria-formula meeting of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) in New York on July 28, head of the Vietnamese Permanent Mission to the UN, Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy said the UNSC's resolutions recognise a need to incorporate gender issues into efforts to prevent extremism, deal with conflicts or build peace. Therefore, it is necessary to recognise women's different roles as well as promote their leadership role in the fight against terrorism.
According to him, the process also needs to take into account the role of men and gender bias.
- J&K: Anti-terror mechanism used to track people escaping corona quarantine
- U.S.-backed Kurdish-led group says militants riot in jail in northeast Syria
- Despite oil rig removal, China and Vietnam row still simmers
- Unemployment and underemployment rise, as wages and gender pay gap stagnate
- Survivor contestant Jeff issues grovelling apology for outing Zeke Smith as transgender after shock moment is branded 'the worst thing anybody has done in 34 seasons'
- Hungary's Orban seeks backing of EU right for emergency powers
- Entry restrictions leave Vietnam missing 9,000 foreign workers
- Now Sadiq Khan orders tubes to be hosed with new 'anti-viral spray' that he claims will 'keep carriages safe for 30 days' - as commuters wait 20 MINUTES to ram into packed carriages AGAIN
- Pregnant Cara De La Hoyde and husband Nathan Massey recall terror of being left STRANDED in Florida after their flight was cancelled during COVID-19 chaos
- 'I will tear out this poison by its roots': New Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says SORRY to Jews for 'stain' of anti-Semitism in the party in final swipe at Jeremy Corbyn as he wins leadership vote with 56.2 per cent landslide over rivals
- Revealed: The Cambridge-educated millionaire's Buddhist daughter whose anti-Brexit play was funded by the EU and her close-up magician partner who both tried to sink Boris
- US Food and Drug Administration approves anti-malaria drug for coronavirus treatment
Vietnam backs adding gender issues into anti-terrorism have 354 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.