The Ministry of Health confirmed almost 7,300 domestic COVID-19 cases along with more than 2,000 recoveries in Vietnam on Friday.
Thirty-seven provinces and cities recorded 7,295 local infections while another 12 were imported from abroad, the health ministry said.
A total of 1,274 cases were detected in the community whereas the remainder were found in centralized quarantine facilities or isolated areas.
Ho Chi Minh City logged 4,913 of the latest domestic infections, Binh Duong Province 608, Long An Province 602, Dong Nai Province 217, and Tay Ninh Province 212.
Today's locally-acquired infection jump is the sharpest so far, after a record was set at 6,164 patients on Thursday.
Since the fourth COVID-19 wave began in Vietnam on April 27, Vietnam has registered 77,967 domestic cases in 62 out of 63 provinces and cities.
Ho Chi Minh City is taking the lead with 50,474 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 5,976, Bac Giang Province with 5,735, Long An Province with 1,964, Dong Thap Province with 1,794, and Dong Nai Province with 1,742.
By comparison, Vietnam confirmed 106 community cases in the first wave from January 23 to April 16, 2020, 554 in the second from July 25 to December 1, 2020, and 910 in the third from January 28 to March 25, 2021.
The health ministry reported 2,115 recoveries on Friday, taking the total to 15,536 recovered patients. The death toll remains at 370.
The nation has overall recorded 79,537 domestic and 2,141 imported cases since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it on January 23, 2020.
More than 4.4 million vaccine shots have been administered to medical workers, teachers, factory workers, and other frontline staff since Vietnam rolled out inoculation on March 8.
About 334,000 people have been fully vaccinated.
The Vietnamese government expects to obtain 175 million shots of various vaccines, including 51 million Pfizer-BioNTech jabs, by early 2022.
It set a target of immunizing two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Italy sees near-identical number of coronavirus infections and deaths as yesterday, as hopes remain that the country has flattened the curve
- Spain becomes third country to pass China with more than 85,000 coronavirus infections as number of deaths rises 812 to 7,340
- Coronavirus infections top 600,000 globally with long fight ahead
- Coronavirus latest: Global coronavirus infections top 1 million
- Vietnam’s coronavirus infections up by five to 174
- First reporter among Vietnam's nine new Covid-19 infections
- Italy EXTENDS lockdown beyond Easter: Rigorous restrictions appear finally to be working as number of daily coronavirus infections falls to 4,050, the lowest in nearly two weeks
- New coronavirus infections in NSW fall again
- Coronavirus latest: Spain coronavirus infections top 100,000
- Pregnant women with coronavirus infection can pass it to their babies, study finds
- Italy sees small dip in number of new coronavirus infections but daily fatalities rise slightly to 760 as country still waits to flatten the curve
- Michigan State Rep. Isaac Robinson Dies from Suspected Coronavirus Infection in Detroit
Vietnam announces nearly 7,300 local coronavirus infections, over 2,000 recoveries have 455 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.