The Ministry of Health recorded almost 7,600 locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases in Vietnam on Thursday, along with over 4,300 recoveries.
Thirty-eight provinces and cities reported 7,593 locally-infected patients while one separate infection was imported from abroad, the health ministry said.
A total of 1,536 cases were detected in the community whereas the remainder were found in isolated areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City reported 4,592 of the latest domestic infections, Binh Duong Province 1,144, Long An Province 499, Dong Nai Province 325, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 185, Dong Thap Province 157, and Tay Ninh Province 139.
Since the fourth COVID-19 wave began in Vietnam on April 27, the country has registered 124,635 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities.
Ho Chi Minh City is in the front with 81,781 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 10,684, Bac Giang Province with 5,735, Long An Province with 4,430, Dong Nai Province with 3,310, Dong Thap Province with 2,798, and Tien Giang Province with 1,855.
By comparison, Vietnam confirmed 106 community cases in the first wave from January 23 to April 16, 2020, 554 in the second from July 25 to December 1, 2020, and 910 in the third from January 28 to March 25, 2021.
The health ministry confirmed 4,323 recoveries on Thursday, bringing the total to 31,780 recovered patients.
The death toll has risen to 863 after 233 fatalities were announced the same day, including 189 in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Southeast Asian nation has overall recorded 126,205 domestic and 2,208 imported cases since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it on January 23, 2020.
Health workers gave 307,273 vaccine doses today.
Over 5.3 million jabs have been administered to medical workers, teachers, factory workers, and other frontline staff since Vietnam rolled out inoculation on March 8.
Nearly 497,000 people have been fully vaccinated.
The Vietnamese government expects to obtain 175 million shots of various vaccines, including 51 million Pfizer-BioNTech jabs, by early 2022.
It set a target of immunizing two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Vietnam Airlines to add nearly 4,000 seats on Hanoi–HCM City route
- Vietnam sees steep increase in cases of dengue fever
- Vietnam army soldiers support Laos dam collapse recovery
- Vietnam reports 1,000 new cases of HIV every month
- Vietnam adds 120 new items to My Lai Massacre memorial
- GM Vietnam adds Spark LT manual 2013
- Two gold shop robbers in Vietnam get nearly a decade each
- ILO: Vietnam loses nearly 13,000 workers every year to accidents
- Nearly 1,600 cases of school violence recorded across Vietnam in past 7 years
- Int’l judicial cooperation in criminal asset recovery discussed
- Jetstar Pacific adds Hanoi – Can Tho flights during Lunar New Year
- HCM City sees strong rise in dengue fever cases
Vietnam adds nearly 7,600 coronavirus cases, over 4,300 recoveries have 420 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.