HÀ NỘI – Việt Nam has welcomed the decision of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) not to take trade action in connection with the investigation into Việt Nam's currency policy, spokesperson for the Vietnamese foreign ministry Lê Thị Thu Hằng said on Saturday.
The USTR Office on July 23 issued a formal determination in the Việt Nam Currency Section 301 investigation saying the agreement reached between the US Department of the Treasury and the State Bank of Việt Nam (SBV) provides a satisfactory resolution of the matter subject to investigation and no trade action is warranted at this time.
Responding to reporters' question about the decision of the USTR, the spokesperson said it is a positive step following the agreement reached on July 19 between the SBV and the US Department of Treasury.
She stressed that it is also thanks to the outcome of constructive dialogue with good will by both sides to address outstanding problems in bilateral economic ties, towards building a stable and sustainable relationship in the spirit of the comprehensive partnership between Việt Nam and the US. — VNS
- Viet Nam and Indonesia to strive for peace, stability
- Deputy PM: Việt Nam ready to help Nigeria with high-tech agriculture
- Việt Nam, US investigate $4b aluminum origin fraud
- Việt Nam ready to catch up with Industry 4.0, says expert
- BIDV named Best Retail Bank in Việt Nam
- Việt Nam – Laos special friendship festival to be held
- Việt Nam gear up for semi-finals of AFF futsal champs
- Former special ambassador for Việt Nam-Japan honoured
- Việt Nam puts priority on artificial intelligence development
- Việt Nam, Cambodia enhance defence ties
- Moody's backs Việt Nam's strict proposal on unsecured consumer lending
- Việt Nam beat Hanyang University at int’l U21 football champs
Việt Nam welcomes US decision not to take trade action against Việt Nam have 311 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.