US Vice President Kamala Harris (Photo: AFP/VNA)
The trip aims to “strengthen relationships and expand economic cooperation with two critical Indo-Pacific partners of the United States," her spokeswoman Symone Sanders said in a statement.
Sanders said Washington has a “top priority to rebuild our global partnerships and keep our nation secure, and this upcoming visit continues that work — deepening our engagement in Southeast Asia.”
During the trip, the Vice President will engage the leaders of both governments on issues of mutual interest, including regional security, the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic, climate change, and joint efforts to promote a rules-based international order, she added.
- 'I see you': How Kamala Harris left a legacy for girls of color
- How Iowans Greeted Kamala Harris After Her Debate Breakthrough
- Kamala Harris running neck-and-neck with Biden, Sanders in California poll
- 'That Little Girl Was Me:' Kamala Harris Attacks Joe Biden's History on Busing and Civil Rights During Debate
- Kamala Harris Embraces Populism — and Tries to Define What That Means in 2020
- Kamala Harris lags behind top-tier candidates in Q2 fundraising
- Kamala Harris vows to take executive action on guns if elected president
- Kamala Harris dropped out, but let's keep her mental health plan alive
- VN Football Federation's Vice President to manage AFC U23 champs
- History Has Not Done Justice to Sardar Patel, Says Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Kamala Harris’s Call for a Return to Busing Is Bold and Politically Risky
- State President starts State visit to Japan
US Vice President Kamala Harris to visit Vietnam have 238 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.