Bangkok (VNA) – Thailand's Centre for Economic Situation Administration ( CESA ) has approved a new rule allowing foreign tourists participating in the “Phuket sandbox” scheme to visit other tourist spots in three southern provinces after seven days starting from August 1.
The other tourist spots are Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao in Surat Thani province; Koh Phi Phi, Koh Ngai and Railay Bay in Krabi province; and Khao Lak, Koh Yao Yai and Koh Yao Noi in Phangnga province.
CESA’s spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said the centre approved the regulation on July 22, adding that the governors of the three provinces are required to work with the private sector and civil services to seek cooperation from people living in those areas.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is expected to propose additional tourism spots to be reopened later for international tourists, he said.
TAT reported on July 22 that the ” Phuket sandbox “, a pilot phase of Thailand's tourism reopening plan, recorded 9,358 foreign visitors between July 1-21, while room reservations between July and September tallied 244,703 room nights, generating 534 million baht (around 16.2 million USD)./.
- Coronavirus in 2 foreign arrivals raises alarm in Thailand
- Covid-19: Thailand expects to delay plans for ‘travel bubble’ on virus surge
- Bali is set to reopen to tourists in just eight weeks - but local experts say it's a VERY bad idea
- Coronavirus pandemic sparks Greek house-hunting frenzy among foreigners
- Vietnam, Thailand tighten cooperation as strong ASEAN partners
- Fears for 40,000 cruise jobs as 'furious' industry slams advice telling ALL tourists to avoid holidays at sea while minister suggests trips won't be back until October
- Holidaymakers left fuming as Foreign Office tells ALL tourists not to go on cruises due to coronavirus risk - after previously urging only over-70s to avoid them - just as restrictions on travel are lifted
- Thais seek to fix errors that allowed infected foreigners in
- Covid-19: Thais seek to fix errors that allowed infected foreigners in
- US Army chief welcomed to Thailand with coronavirus test
- Foreigners holed up in Goa are lending a hand in cleaning beaches, sowing seeds
- British tourists 'are left sleeping on beaches' in Europe after paying for rooms in hotels that are still CLOSED in coronavirus holiday shambles
Thailand allows foreign tourists joining "Phuket sandbox" to visit other destinations have 372 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.