Jakarta ● Sat, July 31 2021
As more and more regions face strict mobility restrictions to contain the COVID-19 transmission, many teachers are reluctant to return to online learning simply because their schools and students do not have the facilities to do so.
The government's multi-tier mobility restrictions (PPKM), extended until Aug. 2 on Monday, have ordered school closures in regencies and cities implementing level 3 and 4 curbs. These are regions that have reported more than 50 confirmed COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people per week.
The list of such regions grew from 137 regions across Indonesia when the PPKM was first extended to beyond Java and Bali on July 12, to 449 regions this week.
In the meantime, schools in the remaining 65 regencies and cities that have imposed the less stringent level 2 restrictions, regions with fewer than 50 confirmed cases per 100,000 people …
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Students start online learning across China
- YOLA pioneers in offering online classes to help students ensure academic progress in the midst of the coronavirus epidemic
- Educational institutions utilising e-learning courses
- Language teachers bemoan extended school closure in COVID-19-hit Vietnam
- Language teachers bemoan about extended school closure in COVID-19-hit Vietnam
- China Focus: Schools start online courses as epidemic control postpones new semester
- Unmotivated students rip online classes
- Online classes can't replace classrooms
- Teachers to pay for training in TSC deal with varsities
- Outbreak forces education to go online
- China alerts students to online course-related fraud amid epidemic control
- Teachers strike puts over 2 mln kids out of school in Canada
Teachers reluctant to restart online learning have 287 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.