State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc on July 29 urged Ho Chi Minh City – the country's biggest COVID-19 hotspot at present – to promote the motto of "fighting the pandemic is like fighting the enemy."
President Nguyen Xuan Phuc presents Hoc Mon and Cu Chi districts each with 5 billion VND (217,700 USD) and five ventilators raised by donors.(Photo: VNA)
During his field trip to the southern metropolis, Phuc visited Hoc Mon and Cu Chi districts, and presented each with 5 billion VND (217,700 USD) and five ventilators raised by donors.
The leader asked HCM City to set up more COVID-19 task forces and take suitable measures to accelerate vaccinations.
Local competent agencies need to step up inspections over the implementation of social distancing rules and work to ensure enough ventilators for severe cases, the President said.
Any violations of COVID-19 prevention and control regulations must be strictly handled, he said, supporting the city's proposal to extend the social distancing period.
President Nguyen Xuan Phuc visits Hoc Mon district. (Photo: VNA)
Later on the day, the State leader visited Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC – producer of Nanocovax COVID-19 vaccine that has entered clinical trials.
A representative from the company said the trials show positive results, with 14,000 people vaccinated.
Each Nanocovax dose costs about 120,000 VND, and many countries have contacted the company to ask for technological transfer, according to the representative.
President Phuc said apart from serving domestic demand, Nanogen should look towards vaccine export.
Also on July 29, he visited the medical staff of a temporary hospital for treating COVID-19 patients which was put into operation a day earlier in District 7./.
- Afghan president visits key city, week after Taliban raid
- State president for VFW Auxiliary attends national convention
- As tick threat explodes, state’s reluctance to address climate link may threaten public health
- President Trump gifts Pope Francis MLK writings during Vatican visit
- Gov. Cuomo sarcastically 'welcomes' President Trump to Upstate NY
- The 9:01: What kind of school is the University of Memphis? Plus: A scheduled Trump visit to Mississippi provokes strong reactions
- SC megachurch pastor defends meeting with President Trump at White House
- Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe hopes Pearl Harbor visit will symbolize reconciliation
- 'He's a racist. He's a liar.' Black clergy condemn Jeff Sessions amid his visit to Indianapolis
- The threat from Donald Trump's unprincipled actions reaches from London to every American city: Brent Larkin
- Letters: Readers offers their opinions on the state of America
- San Jose State University President Mary Papazian: SJSU has an edge as Silicon Valley talent pipeline
State President visits pandemic-stricken HCM City have 413 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.