At the session, the President underlined the most important targets of protecting the people's health and safety and minimizing death toll.
It is crucial to mobilize all resources to complete these goals, while continuing to apply the Prime Minister's Directives No.15 and 16 to curb the pandemic, he said.
He asked the city to withdraw lessons from the current implementation of Directive No.16 for better performance in the work, settling the situation in which a large number of local residents still travel in the streets despite the COVID-19 prevention and control measures.
He stressed that social distancing must be implemented in parallel with ensuring living conditions for people so as to enable them to strictly follow and implement pandemic control measures.
He clarified that the State and the Vietnam Fatherland Front as well as organizations and the political system at the grass-roots level and charity organizations must join hands together in the work. Meanwhile, HCM City should be more active in issuing travel cards to those who transport and deliver goods and medical supplies.
The State President stressed efforts to focus COVID-19 treatment and reduce the number of infections at the same time, thus minimizing death toll. Social distancing measures must be put in top priority in efforts to reduce the number of new COVID-19 cases, he stated.
Holding that the current outbreak in HCM City may peak in the next days, he requested the city to continue to strictly comply with Directive No.16, while speeding up the vaccination scheme.
At the session, President Phuc said that donors inside and outside the country have donated 103 billion VND (4.49 million USD) and 10 ventilators to support HCM City, along with a large number of medical supplies.
- Tottenham Hotspur’s fight since loss to Premier League leaders Manchester City has impressed manager Mauricio Pochettino
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte in cash jibe at runaway Premier League leaders Manchester City
- Plans for cut-price parking in Aberdeen city centre after 5pm set to get go-ahead
- Former Broch player and club hero at Bristol City Murray says: I’d love to see Rangers humbled
- Campaigners delighted as Glasgow City Council votes to end long running equal pay court battle
- Delight as Glasgow City Council votes to end long-running equal pay battle
- Westminster deputy leader steps aside over 500 freebies in three years
- More than 900 Norwich council homes lost because of Right To Buy, say City Hall leaders
- £5bn projects to regenerate cities 'not working'
- Failure to recruit staff sees Aberdeen council abandon social work overhaul
- Hockey: Norwich City close in on promotion positions
- Mix Diskerud’s Manchester City move is not all that it seems
President works with leaders of HCM City have 431 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.