The second preparatory meeting, themed "Effective Partnership," was co-held virtually by the U.S. and Rwanda. Earlier, a Vietnamese defense delegation took part in the first event, co-organized in the form of a teleconference by Canada and Bangladesh in November, 2020.
During the event, delegates discussed measures to narrow the capability gap between countries participating in U.N. peacekeeping operations and shared their experiences in making preparations and deploying U.N. peacekeepers to U.N. missions as well as carrying out peacekeeping activities in an effective manner. These ideas will help participating countries outline their proposals at the 2021 U.N. Peacekeeping Defense Ministerial conference.
The 2021 U.N. Peacekeeping Defense Ministerial conference is scheduled to take place in the Republic of Korea in December and aims to affirm countries' commitments to U.N. peacekeeping operations.
The event will also seek measures to raise the effectiveness of peacekeeping operations as well as the capabilities of U.N. peacekeepers.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Boris to hold his first Cabinet meeting TODAY after only finishing bloodbath reshuffle at midnight as he makes Raab deputy PM and rewards Rees-Mogg and forgives his brother in bid to deliver Brexit
- Boris Johnson is seen holding video conference call this morning from his sick-bunker as he continues to lead Government's fight against Covid-19 while self-isolating after testing positive for deadly virus
- Trial by video conference? Not yet, but coronavirus forces Bay Area courts to embrace more virtual proceedings
- G20 trade ministers meet by video to tackle coronavirus disruptions
- After nudge from Modi, Karnataka Cabinet decides on stricter lockdown
- Coronavirus: COP26 climate change summit in Glasgow postponed for a year
- UN continues doing vital work remotely due to virus
- How can Boris Johnson run the UK while suffering from coronavirus?
- A hope for multilateralism | HT Editorial
- UN concerned with hostilities in Middle East during COVID-19 pandemic
- What’s behind Beijing’s drive to control the South China Sea?
- 'We must use this time well': climate experts hopeful after Cop26 delay
Preparatory meeting for U.N. peacekeeping defense ministerial conference held have 324 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.