This is the fifth and also the biggest shipment of the deal to purchase 30 million doses signed between AstraZeneca Vietnam and the Vietnam Vaccine Joint Stock Company (VNVC) with support from the Ministry of Health.
To date, over 3.1 million doses of the contract have delivered to Vietnam. The amount accounted for approximately 37 percent of the AstraZeneca vaccine volume Vietnam has received, with the remainder coming from the COVAX Facility or donated by other countries.
Nitin Kapoor, President for Asia Area Frontier Markets at AstraZeneca who is also Chairman and General Director of AstraZeneca Vietnam, said the amount of the vaccine brought to Vietnam in July 2021 shows AstraZeneca’s efforts to accelerate its supply to support Vietnam’s fight against the pandemic.
In total, nearly 8.6 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine have been delivered to Vietnam, accounting for 76 percent of the country’s COVID-19 vaccine volume.
He vowed that the company will continue its cooperation with the Vietnamese Ministry of Health, the World Health Organization (WHO), the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF), and the VNVC to quickly and safely transport the vaccine to Vietnam.
AstraZeneca was the first vaccine to have obtained authorization for emergency use in Vietnam.
- New shingles vaccine hard to find amid national shortage
- Shingles vaccine shortage expected to continue through 2019You may also be interested in...
- These Are the States With the Worst Vaccination Rates
- South Sudan vaccinates health workers against Ebola
- Demand is strong for shingles vaccine, but it’s nearly impossible to find
- Drug firm can’t keep up with demand for shingles vaccine
- Second-largest Ebola outbreak in history spreads to major Congo city
- Chickenpox hits anti-vaccine stronghold in N.C.
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in NC hit with worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Dr. Marc Siegel: Measles kills 90,000 a year worldwide – Vaccine has saved 20 million lives
- 'No more camps,' Colombia tells Venezuelans not to settle in tent city
- SaviBank Earns $674,000 in Fourth Quarter and $2.24 Million for Year 2018; Loans Grow 24% and Deposits Increase 17% Year-Over-Year
Over 1.2 million more doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine arrives in HCM City have 321 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.