Hanoi (VNA) – A total of 1,228,500 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Ho Chi Minh City on July 23 morning.
To date, over 3.1 million doses of the contract have delivered to Vietnam. The amount accounted for approximately 37 percent of the AstraZeneca vaccine volume Vietnam has received, with the remainder coming from the COVAX Facility or donated by other countries.
Nitin Kapoor, President for Asia Area Frontier Markets at AstraZeneca who is also Chairman and General Director of AstraZeneca Vietnam, said the amount of the vaccine brought to Vietnam in July 2021 shows AstraZeneca’s efforts to accelerate its supply to support Vietnam’s fight against the pandemic.
In total, nearly 8.6 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine have been delivered to Vietnam, accounting for 76 percent of the country’s COVID-19 vaccine volume.
He vowed that the company will continue its cooperation with the Vietnamese Ministry of Health, the World Health Organisation (WHO), the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF), and the VNVC to quickly and safely transport the vaccine to Vietnam.
AstraZeneca was the first vaccine to have obtained authorisation for emergency use in Vietnam./.
- Major, major game-changer: Ebola spreads to big Congo city
- How Swansea City's big signings have turned out
- Man City win Premier League: What Pep Guardiola's side's goals tell us about the champions
- What is Ebola, has there been an outbreak in 2018 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and is there a vaccine?
- Liverpool's first-half blitz torpedoes Man City Champions League hopes
- Van Dijk-led Liverpool defence set for City acid test
- Just as Atlantic City Stems Bleeding, Competition Comes Calling
- 81F heatwave arrives for May Day weekend set to be warmest in 40 years
- Are Liverpool and Man Utd City's biggest rivals for the title?
- Manchester City vs Manchester United, Premier League: live score updates
- Paul Pogba scores two to silence critics and ruin Man City Title party
- The Cardiff City read of the year: When Blakey met Neil Warnock
Over 1.2 million more doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine arrive in HCM City have 352 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.