Nguyen Xuan Phuc was sworn in as the new State President of Vietnam on July 26 morning, immediately after lawmakers cast secret ballots to elect him to the new position for the 2016-2021 term during the ongoing first session of the 15th legislature.
While taking the oath of office, State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc pledged his absolute loyalty to the Fatherland, the people and the Constitution, saying he will do his utmost to fulfill the tasks assigned by the Party, State and people.
Nguyen Xuan Phuc was born on July 20, 1954 in the central province of Quang Nam. He was Politburo member of the 11th, 12th and 13th tenures, member of the Party Central Committee of the 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th tenures, and NA deputy of the 11th, 13th and 14th tenures.
He had held a number of key positions such as Deputy Secretary of the Quang Nam provincial Party Committee, Chairman of the Quang Nam provincial People's Committee, and Minister-Chairman of the Government Office before being elected as Deputy Prime Minister in 2011 and Prime Minister in 2016.
Earlier the 14th National Assembly (NA) elected Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Politburo member of the 13th tenure and a deputy of the 14th legislature, as State President for the 2016-2021 term.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Vietnam's PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc to hold virtual summit on December 21
- Congratulatory message by PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc in celebration of 60th anniversary of OECD
- Biden to take oath outside US Capitol building amidst COVID-19 restrictions
- Joe Biden to take oath outside Capitol amid Covid-19 restrictions
- Biden to take oath outside Capitol amid virus restrictions
- Joe Biden to take oath outside Capitol amid virus restrictions
- Prime Minister holds phone talks with US President
- Government Office urged to better consulting role
- JICA pledges to bolster comprehensive health care cooperation with Vietnam
- India, Vietnam to hold virtual summit today, agreements on healthcare, defence, energy expected
- Vietnam ready to receive Japanese investment shift
- Technology companies must lead Vietnam’s digital transformation: PM
Nguyen Xuan Phuc takes oath of office as State President of Vietnam have 323 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.