Vietnam's leading mobile phone and consumer electronics retailer said revenues were up 12 percent to VND62.49 trillion.
Covid-19 drove online sales to VND5.3 trillion, and with selling and administrative expenses falling as a result, profits rose sharply.
Shoppers at a Bach Hoa Xanh store in Thu Duc City, HCMC. Photo by VnExpress/Quynh Tran.
Mobile phone sales were up 16 percent and laptop, refrigeration and consumer goods sales achieved single-digit growth.
The company's Dien May Xanh, The Gioi Di Dong and Bach Hoa Xanh store chains had saw revenues of VND33.3 trillion, VND15.6 trillion and VND13.37 trillion.
Mobile World has 4,610 outlets, including 1,888 Bach Hoa Xanh stores, in 25 cities and provinces.
The management expects extreme volatility in the coming months, mainly because nearly 2,000 mobile phone and electronic appliance shops have temporarily closed amid social distancing in Hanoi and 19 southern localities.
- SM Prime posts strong profit growth to P20 B
- GMA Network’s tech unit posts 327% profit growth
- Globe reports lower income despite growth in revenues
- Swatch reports slower profit growth
- CIC reports 40% profit growth for H1
- LRWC posts slight profit growth
- Google has a new plan to cripple the iPhone app-store model and rule the mobile world
- Jollibee profit growth accelerates
- Metrobank profit growth 5% to P13.2B
- Concepcion Industrial posts 12% profit growth
- RFM reports 9-mth profit up 9% at P683M
- Five trends at Mobile World Congress
Mobile World reports 26 pct profit growth have 217 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.