Vietnamese designer Lam Gia Khang
The list compiled Vogue has been put together by some of the world's top fashionistas who nominate several designers, with each one representing the best in fresh talent from their respective regions.
The renowned publication quoted Lisa Ruffle, buying manager (ready-to-wear) of Moda Operandi, as saying that she originally discovered Vietnam-based Gia Studios on Instagram before falling in love with designer Lam Gia Khang's refined approach to reinventing the everyday wardrobe.
"Khang embodies the simplicity and elegance of Vietnamese culture in a way that feels fresh and innately feminine, drawing on traditional Vietnamese craftsmanship to deliver precise tailoring and distinctive designs," Ruffle noted.
The 27-year-old Khang originally launched Lam Gia Khang brand in October, 2014 before going on to launch four collections and hold two fashion shows on his own.
In 2015, Khang was named among the "30 under 30" list by Forbes Vietnam to honour 30 outstanding people under 30 years old who are significant influencers in their business fields in the nation. He was in the Top 3 of the Project Runway Vietnam in 2013 and achieved the Upcoming Fashion Designer Of The Years at Elle Style Awards from Elle Vietnam in 2015.
The list of Vogue's top eight emerging international designers are Kika Vargas of Colombia, Australian pair Juliette Harkness and Emma Nelson from Deiji Studios, Bevza of Ukraine, and Gruzia Nina and Gvantsa Macharashvili from Mach & Mach of Georgia. This is in addition to Sindiso Khumalo of South Africa, Thakoon Panichgul from Hommegirls of the United States, and Dami Kwon and Jessica Jung from We11done of the Republic of Korea.
- Vogue Italia Editor-in-Chief Franca Sozzani Dies at 66
- San Francisco booming with risk-taking design
- Serena Williams Had an Emergency C-Section and Health Complications After Daughter's Birth: 'Everything Went Bad'
- Emergent BioSolutions Inc (EBS) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Law's Emerging Elite: Enterprise Legal Service Providers, Part 3
- Faces of the dead emerge from lost African American graveyard
- How a convict named Solomon helped build Australia's oldest synagogue
- Leading Commercial Transformation At GHX
- Got $5,000? 5 Brand-Name Stocks That'll Make You Richer in July (and Beyond)
- Survey finds that 42 percent of people in U.S. can't name one Asian American
- UK car theft hotspot named in new research - is your area the riskiest?
- Bee Shaffer Is Engaged to Francesco Carrozzini
Lam Gia Khang named among leading emerging designers by Vogue have 406 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.