The boxes will help Vietnam ensure Covid-19 vaccine quality during transportation.
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has decided to provide 1,600 cold storage boxes for vaccine transportation as emergency support to Vietnam's nationwide vaccination campaign, in response to the proposal by the National Institute of Health and Epidemiology (NIHE).
The support package worth 100 million JPY (US$909,000), purchased by JICA in collaboration with the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Vietnam, is expected to be delivered in September.
A cold storage box to preserve Covid-19 vaccines. Photo: VNA
A cold storage box keeping vaccines at 2-8 degrees Celsius attached with a temperature monitoring device will help to ensure the vaccine quality during transportation from central storage to injection stations nationwide.
On July 8, the Ministry of Health issued a decision approving a plan on the nation-wide “Covid-19 Vaccination Campaign 2021-2022”. This largest-ever vaccination campaign is scheduled to take place from July 2021 to April 2022 with 19,000 stations across Vietnam.
In July, JICA implemented a cooperation program with the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in a project “Border control to prevent infection spread from borders and strengthen the pandemic control system”.
Through the support program worth JPY20 million ($173,669), JICA helps train and improve the capacity of Vietnam's border gate officers on disease control, and provides personal protective equipment and equipment necessary for hand hygiene.
In fact, a number of coronavirus-infected illegal immigrants have contributed to community Covid-19 outbreaks in Vietnam. JICA's project will support Vietnamese border officers to strengthen the capacity in investigating and monitoring infectious diseases, provide personal protective equipment and hand disinfection equipment for troops controlling the border.
JICA pledged to keep working with the Japanese Government to support Vietnam in controlling the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Covid Speed Read: India sets up Covid-19 vaccine task force; Russian vaccine to debut on Aug 12
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 8
- Best cloud storage services of 2020
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 11
- Forbidden Op-Ed: The Sputnik Vaccine as a Lifesaving Global Partnership
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 10
- The world's strictest school social distancing: Thai kindergartners are sealed in perspex boxes at playtime while masks are mandatory for older kids in fight against coronavirus
- Reviving the Cold War is Anachronistic - Vice Foreign Minister Le Yucheng's Exclusive Interview with Guancha.cn
- A modern technique, eVIN, ensured essential immunisation services: Healthy ministry
- Finding the pathway to seafood sustainability
- NEP’s nutritious breakfast idea for school children a welcome step: Vice-President
- The One That Got Away: Paula Radcliffe speaks candidly about Athens 2004 and the impact it had
JICA provides Vietnam with 1,600 cold storage boxes for vaccine preservation have 416 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.