Speaking at a press conference on July 22, BI Governor Perry Warjiyo said the lower prediction resulted from complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly the appearance of the Delta variant.
According to the official, Indonesia’s economic growth potential remained quite good until the second quarter, fueled by an increase in exports, public spending and non-construction investment.
He said that an increase in a number of indicators in early June such as retail sales and purchasing management index showed that the economy was on the way to recovery.
Economic growth in the third quarter is forecast to be lower than the previous quarter as the Indonesian Government is tightening restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19 .
The BI governor expected growth to bounce back in the fourth quarter thanks to the acceleration of vaccination, relaxation of restrictions, and export growth potential.
Earlier this month, the Indonesian Government slashed the country's 2021 growth projection to 3.7-4.5 percent from the earlier prediction of 4.5-5.3 percent, given the serious impacts of the latest wave of COVID-19 caused by the Delta variant and recent restrictions imposed on the two islands of Java and Bali./.
- IMF revises downwards Romania’s economic growth forecast for 2018, 2019
- Central bank says lowers GDP forecast for July–Sep to 1.3–1.7%
- Turkey sharply revises down growth forecasts in new economic program
- Economic growth forecast to grow to 7.3pct in Tajikistan
- Turkey's central bank launches economic-stability plan
- IMF raises GDP growth forecast for Hungary
- Turkey's Central Bank vows to provide ’all liquidity’ needed by banks
- ECB lowers eurozone GDP growth forecast to 2 pct in 2018
- Quarter by quarter Romania's economic growth is out of the coma! Slight growth in Q2
- Negative economic growth for Tonga in 2018
- Argentina to Revise Economic Plan, Focus on Shifts in Financial Markets
- Australia's Central Bank Chief Says the Unspeakable
Indonesia's central bank revises down economic growth forecast have 330 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.