The Ho Chi Minh City Department of Transport has allowed some taxi firms to transport people to and from Tan Son Nhat International Airport while movement is restricted in the metropolis.
The municipal People's Committee is mandating that citizens stay indoors between 6:00 pm and 6:00 am, except in emergency health situations, from July 26 until at least August 1 as part of more assertive efforts to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
Many have voiced concerns about traveling to and from Tan Son Nhat during these hours, following reports of travelers having to stay overnight in the aerodrome when arriving in the city after 6:00 pm.
Ta Long Hy, president of the Ho Chi Minh City Taxi Association, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Tuesday that the municipal Department of Transport had authorized certain taxis to transport airport passengers around the clock.
These cabs are only allowed to transport people between their homes or accommodations and the airport, Hy elaborated.
Drivers must check whether passengers' ID matches the information on their boarding pass.
About 200 to 300 taxis, operated by Vinasun and Mai Linh companies, have been authorized for this type of transport.
Aside from taking people to and from the airport, these cabs can also transport residents to local hospitals and medical centers for emergency medical services.
The vehicles are issued specific QR codes so that competent authorities can identify them more easily.
To ensure the safety of its drivers, Vinasun has installed partitions inside its cars to separate drivers from passengers, Hy added.
People who need to use this service can contact Mai Linh (1055) or Vinasun (02838 27 27 27).
- Another fake policeman nabbed for stirring disorder in Ho Chi Minh City
- Four prosecuted for damaging properties during protest in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnamese-American detained for disrupting public order in Ho Chi Minh City
- A history of delays on Ho Chi Minh City’s first metro line project
- Man held for disrupting security in Ho Chi Minh City
- ‘Living Green’ expo held to spur environmental actions in Ho Chi Minh City
- Three nabbed for posing as policemen, disturbing public order in Ho Chi Minh City
- Heavy downpour sinks Ho Chi Minh City, again
- Sixteen purportedly catches H1N1 from patient at Ho Chi Minh City hospital
- Officer wounded by explosion at police station in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City wants to have full authority over metro construction
- Ho Chi Minh City guarantees 10,000 affordable apartments for relocated families
How can I travel to, from Ho Chi Minh City airport given movement restrictions? have 433 words, post on vietnamlife.tuoitrenews.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.