To speed up mass vaccinations, Ho Chi Minh City will vaccinate its people after 6pm, even though local people are banned from going out from 6pm to 6am.
They will receive a document allowing them to go to a vaccination site.
The information was released by Permanent Deputy Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee Phan Van Mai at a press conference on the situation of Covid-19 epidemic prevention and control in the city on July 28.
Two vaccination sites will be set up at each ward. Only people 65 and over and those who have underlying illness must be vaccinated at hospitals.
Regarding the policy of allowing Covid-19 patients who have mild or no symptoms to be treated at home and the treatment of Covid-19 patients at concentrated centers in districts, Mai said that, because 70-80% of patients have no or mild symptoms and will recover on their own, if all patients are quarantined at concentrated sites, it will be overloaded. Home quarantine will reduce the load on hospitals.
The city will focus treatment on severely ill patients, and those with underlying diseases, besides monitoring and taking care of patients at home.
Mai said that a community online consultation network with the participation of many professors and doctors has been deployed in the city. Each doctor will be in charge of a certain number of patients at home. Doctors will keep in touch with patients and consult with them every day.
The function of treatment hospitals will be changed, to both treat patients of Covid-19 and those with common diseases.
“Treatment is the most important task now. When the number of Covid-19 patients increases, and 20-30% of them in severe condition, it is necessary to focus on treatment and prevent fatalities,” Mai said.
Mai said that after two nights of banning people from going out after 6pm, it showed that the people had obeyed the rules well. However, during the day, there were still many people on the street, so he asked relevant agencies to take strict measures in this regard.
According to Nguyen Hoai Nam, deputy director of HCMC Department of Health, the city had inoculated 300,000 people as of 4 p.m. on July 27 in the fifth vaccination drive.
The vaccination speed has improved, with 70,000 more people being vaccinated on July 27. With such speed, the vaccination drive is expected to be completed in 2-3 weeks.
Quang Dinh – Ho Van
- Two exhibitions to visit in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
- Another fake policeman nabbed for stirring disorder in Ho Chi Minh City
- Man held for disrupting security in Ho Chi Minh City
- Four prosecuted for damaging properties during protest in Ho Chi Minh City
- Three nabbed for posing as policemen, disturbing public order in Ho Chi Minh City
- 500 observe International Yoga Day in Ho Chi Minh City
- ‘Wish Wall’ erected in Ho Chi Minh City
- A history of delays on Ho Chi Minh City’s first metro line project
- Multimillion-dollar bridge leading to Diamond Islet opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnamese-American detained for disrupting public order in Ho Chi Minh City
- Surface of Ho Chi Minh City’s crucial overpass becomes hollowed hours after opening
- Stench from landfill haunts residential areas in southern Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City to vaccinate people after 6pm have 532 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.