Hospitals in Ho Chi Minh City discharged a record 4,353 COVID-19 patients on Tuesday, more than double the number a day before, according to the municipal Center for Disease Control (HCDC).
The newly-discharged patients raised the number of recoveries in the city since the disease first emerged in Vietnam in early 2020 to 21,338.
The Ministry of Health documented 2,858 domestic cases, including 2,115 in Ho Chi Minh City, on Wednesday morning.
The new infections took the city's caseload to 74,855, with 304 imported cases, in the fourth virus wave, which erupted in the country on April 27.
Medical forces are treating 39,114 patients, including 744 critical ones using ventilators and 13 others being supported by the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), in the metropolis.
All 36 ongoing infection clusters have been closely monitored while no new infection chains emerged on Tuesday.
From May 26 to Tuesday, more than 2.5 million samples were collected from city dwellers for COVID-19 testing, with 112,485 of them pending results.
The HCDC requested that residents in medical isolation areas and those staying at centralized quarantine facilities follow COVID-19 prevention regulations and not share unverified information.
Vietnam had documented 117,121 COVID-19 cases by Wednesday morning, with 22,946 recoveries and 524 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health's statistics.
In the fourth bout, the country has recorded 113,345 local infections in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities.
- What's on April 9-15 (Daily updated)
- Tape Recovery - How Tape Works
- Los Angeles - City of Angels
- Five Things You Probably Don't Know About the New Orleans Saints
- After Russ: It's a new start for the Oklahoma City Thunder
- After Russ: It’s a new start for the Oklahoma City Thunder
- In and Around Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Bamboo Airways to launch IPO next year
- Shares subdued as market shakes
- Casinos Boost Cambodias Tourism
- 5 Myths Americans Believe About Vietnam
- Inspiring Vietnam Tour Ideas
Ho Chi Minh City sets new daily record of COVID-19 recoveries have 306 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.