Ho Chi Minh City needs an addition of more than 7,000 health workers to deal with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, according to chairman Nguyen Thanh Phong.
Chairman Phong has sent a petition to the prime minister to ask for more support in terms of health personnel, as the city continues to struggle with the worst-ever outbreak.
In the document, the official stated that the Ministry of Health had sent 1,936 doctors and nurses from multiple localities to Ho Chi Minh City to assist in COVID-19 treatment efforts.
About 1,600 medical lecturers and students were also mobilized to take part in contact tracing and test sample collection in the metropolis.
To continue supporting the health sector in Ho Chi Minh City, the municipal People's Committee asked for the provision of an additional 7,064 health workers.
They include 927 doctors and 4,037 nurses for COVID-19 treatment, 100 laboratory and X-ray technicians, and 2,000 medical professionals for the collection of test samples.
Vietnam had documented 78,269 COVID-19 cases as of Friday afternoon, with 13,421 recoveries and 370 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
The country has recorded 74,570 local infections in 62 provinces and cities since the fourth transmission wave began on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City is the hardest-hit locality with 48,863 cases.
- Health workers strike threatens Ebola response in Nigeria
- To compete and prosper, our cities need fewer cars
- Carabao Cup first round draw: Everything you need to know
- Key dates for 2018-19 season that Derby fans will want to know
- You can currently get return flights to Dubai from £319 but you need to be quick
- Supplement may lower blood pressure, improve vascular health and could even slow aging, claims study
- Creditors should give people being treated for serious mental health issues more time, MPs say
- School mental health problems extend to primary-age pupils amid cuts to support
- Workers on Canonbury’s Dover Court Estate ‘laid off for going to work in shorts’
- Where in London has the worst smog, what is toxic air pollution and how has the heatwave affected health levels?
- Media Spotlight on UK's Legal Red Light District Makes Sex Workers "More Hidden"
- Klitschko hands over brand new ambulance cars to Kyiv emergency response service
Ho Chi Minh City needs 7,000 more health workers for COVID-19 response have 364 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.