HCM City has considered prioritising the Covid-19 vaccination for around 62,000 shippers amid the city's ongoing pandemic.
According to the HCM City Centre for Disease Control, since April 4 when the fourth Covid-19 wave hit the country, HCM City has recorded 84,500 Covid-19 cases.
A shipper in HCM City
The city has also considered giving the Covid-19 vaccination priority to roughly 62,000 shippers who are from firms which have been licensed for operation during the city's social distancing time.
The city has decided to suspend Can Gio-Can Giuoc Ferry from Friday midnight until the further report.
Meanwhile, Binh Chanh and Cat Lai ferries are only allowed to serve ambulances, vehicles transporting workers of companies as well as those related to Covid-19 prevention and control activities on July 31-August 1.
Local residents affected by Covid-19 have benefited from the two support packages, one worth VND886 trillion (USD38.7 million) and the other worth VND26 trillion (USD1.13 billion).
HCM City will expand the Covid-19 vaccination time to after 6 pm in order to speed up the vaccination amid the city's ongoing Covid-19 challenge.
The city is carrying out the fifth phase of its Covid-19 vaccination drive with 930,000 doses to be administered in five districts.
- Killer coronavirus will hit Britain 'within days': Race is on to find vaccine as UK scientists prepare to fly out to hot spots
- Killer coronavirus outbreak rampaging across the world will last MONTHS as death toll hits 106 and scientists warn a vaccine is still at least eight weeks away
- China in LOCKDOWN: China cancels its New Year celebrations, closes FOURTEEN cities, part of the Great Wall, Disneyland Shanghai - and even McDonald's shuts up shop - as the army is deployed in desperate bid to contain killer coronavirus
- Bangkok is the city most in danger of deadly coronavirus because it gets so many travellers from China, as scientists warn LA, New York and London are all at risk
- China reports 17 new cases of coronavirus in Wuhan - as JFK, San Francisco and LAX screen all passengers arriving from the city for the deadly viral pneumonia
- Coronavirus infected are trying to spread the disease by deliberately SPITTING at health care workers in Wuhan, claims South African teacher trapped in the city
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 1
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 31
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 24
- Việt Nam welcomes 1.99 million international visitors in January
- Vietnam welcomes 1.99 million international visitors in January
- The local pie of retailing is both sweet and bitter
HCM City considers prioritising Covid-19 vaccination for 62,000 shippers have 430 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.