Hanoi to provide financial aid for informal workers affected by Covid-19
The Saigon Times
|Informally employed workers in Hanoi that have lost their jobs since May 1 will receive VND1.5 million each – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – Informal workers in Hanoi whose livelihoods have been negatively affected by the Covid-19 pandemic will receive VND1.5 million each, according to a decision of the Hanoi City government that came into force on July 21.
The municipal government has assigned the Departments of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs, Health, and Culture – Sports and Tourism and the local authorities to prepare the list of recipients.
Those eligible for the financial cupport are informal workers that have lost their jobs since May 1, 2021. Informal workers, who work on their own and have no labor contract, are not eligible for social protection.
Informal workers are not just limited to street vendors; they also include employees of businesses who have an agreement with the employer but are not formally listed in the payroll.
Many informal workers in the city have lost their livelihoods after they were sent to quarantine centers or the areas where they live were locked down to curb the spread of the pandemic.
The beneficiaries also include employees of dance clubs, bars, pubs, beer clubs, cinemas, karaoke and massage parlors – the non-essential services that have been temporarily suspended.
Besides, people working at coffee shops, food stalls and restaurants that have lost their jobs after the city banned all dine-in services are also eligible for the assistance.
As of this morning, July 23, Hanoi had reported 823 Covid-19 cases in the fourth Covid-19 wave, which began in late April.
Data of the General Statistics Office showed that the number of informally employed workers in the entire country in the second quarter of 2021 was 20.9 million, up 1.4 million over the same period last year.
- Post Holdings Provides Financial Update on Michael Foods Klingerstown Plant Fire and Water Boil Order at Lenox Plant
- QC to give P1.2M aid to informal settlers affected by road improvement projects
- Proceeds from DQ’s Miracle Treat Day to provide hearing aids for children
- Getting It Straight: When Women Realized The AIDS Crisis Was Theirs Too
- Restoration worker dies as Pagoda collapses during heavy downpour in Kalasin
- FuelCell Energy Reports Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results and Business Update
- Ivanka Trump donates $50,000 to Plano's Prestonwood church to aid its campaign to help migrant children
- Kenya: 51% of HIV Infections Affect 15-24 Year Olds
- Namibia: Eleven People Die Daily From Aids in Omusati
- Broadcom Inc. Announces Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Financial Results and Quarterly Dividend
- Angolan President Reaffirms Aid to Stability in DRC
- Duluth Holdings Inc. Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2018 Financial Results
Hanoi to provide financial aid for informal workers affected by Covid-19 have 428 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.