The acting director of the city Department of Industry and Trade, Tran Thi Phuong Lan, said there is abundant supply of essential items and fresh foods, and no threat of shortages. Fearing the novel coronavirus, many Hanoi residents are stockpiling meat, vegetables and rice to avoid venturing outdoors.
Big C supermarkets have doubled their normal fresh food inventories and increased dry goods by 30 percent, Nguyen Thi Bich Van communications director of Central Retail Vietnam, which owns the chain, said.
Aeon supermarkets have stocks of two to four times the normal volumes of fresh groceries and 130 percent of that of dry goods since last week. Aeon Vietnam procurement director Tran Thu Quynh said the chain has worked with suppliers to secure extra stocks in case of an emergency and expanded warehouse capacity and inventories of frozen goods.
Vinmart/Vinmart+ supermarkets have tripled and quintupled their stocks of groceries and eggs and vegetables.
But admittedly there remain difficulties in terms of transportation and personnel.
Quynh said certain goods that are imported or brought from the south, like fresh seafood and local fruits, are facing major delays as suppliers face challenges related to production and transportation amid the implementation of social distancing in the 19 southern localities.
Over the last week Hanoi has assigned priority to vehicles transporting essential items. The capital city impose a 15-day social distancing campaign starting 6 a.m. Saturday as part of efforts to curb the spread of Covid-19.
- As French supermarkets increase food prices, will farmers benefit?
- Nearly 200 outstanding Hanoi enterprises honoured
- Serving up Inventory Solutions With Drones
- Shoplifting on the rise across Norfolk supermarkets, figures show
- Shoplifting at supermarkets on the rise, figures show
- Turkish supermarkets to take some vegetables off shelves
- Turkish government to scrutinize supermarkets for food prices
- Morrisons to increase price of 'bag for life' to 15p
- Find out which Essex town Lidl has picked to open a second supermarket this month
- Lidl opens its second supermarket in Clacton today
- Britain's best paying supermarkets
- Lidl fastest-growing NI retailer, but Tesco still number one supermarket
Hanoi supermarkets increase inventories have 329 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.