Hanoi (VNA) – Germany has pledged to provide 50 million EUR (58.8 million USD) in official development assistance (ODA) loans and another 63.559 million EUR in non-refundable ODA for 14 technical assistance and investment projects in Vietnam this year.
The commitment was made during a recent governmental-level meeting on the Vietnam – Germany development cooperation in 2021 held via videoconference, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI).
Among the beneficiary projects, the one on building a centre for epidemic forecasting and management proposed by the Health Ministry as an emergency response to the COVID-19 pandemic will receive 15 million EUR in non-refundable ODA .
The MPI said the German Government views Vietnam as a "global partner" in development cooperation under the new BMZ 2030 strategy.
During the meeting, attended by Director of the MPI’s Foreign Economic Relations Department Pham Hoang Mai and Director for Asia at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development Gisela Hammerschmidt, the German side expressed their wish to enhance cooperation with Vietnam in handling global issues like climate change, environmental protection, and global economic stabilisation.
The European country also agreed to reinforce ties in health care to help Vietnam cope with COVID-19, the MPI added./.
- German government pledges €120 million for Libya migrants and refugees
- Germany pledges 'strict' laws after Facebook data breach
- Vietnamese oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany goes on trial
- MP says Brexit could be behind decision to move some Colman’s jobs to Germany
- Karl Lagerfeld evokes Holocaust to bash Germany's Angela Merkel on refugees
- Allies pledge billions for Iraq's reconstruction
- Merkel risks leading weak 'losers' coalition for Germany
- Germany Seeks Tighter Facebook Controls After ‘Intolerable’ Leak
- Trial of Vietnam oil executive allegedly kidnapped in Germany begins in Hanoi
- Vietnam arrests fugitive tycoon deported by Singapore
- Vietnam charges businessman 'kidnapped' in Berlin with corruption
- Act now to protect millions from floods — study
Germany pledges over 113.5 million EUR in ODA for Vietnam have 335 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.