|The four trade associations would pay for the vaccination of their employees from their own pockets|
The Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association, Vietnam Leather, Footwear and Handbag Association, Vietnam Electronic Industries Association, and Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of Ho Chi Minh City have recently submitted a document to the prime minister as well as the ministries of Health and Industry and Trade about the matter.
Accordingly, the associations have been actively discussing vaccine sourcing with UAE’s Royal Strategic Partners. In mid-July 2021, the Vietnamese embassy in the UAE has held a meeting with the company to assess its ability to supply vaccines.
The four associations proposed that the government and the Ministry of Health preside over negotiations with Royal Strategic Partners or assign a Vietnamese importer that is eligible to carry out import procedures. This will faciliate associations to vaccinate workers at factories as soon as possible. Their business members will pay all costs for vaccination.
In addition, the associations also want the government to create the necessary conditions for their workers to be vaccinated at the beginning of August. Vaccines will be given to workers at factories and industrial parks to ensure production and fight the pandemic.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic, 90 per cent of their business members have to halt production, disrupting the global supply of brands and eroding trust of foreign buyers.
The four industries generate 8 million direct jobs and 12.5 million indirect jobs for workers with a total export turnover of $150 billion annually.
By Thanh Van
- Gurbaksh Chahal’s Gravity4 has made another questionable bid to buy ad tech company Rocket Fuel
- It’s the companies, stupid: A new trading proposal would hurt public companies and tens of millions of average investors
- China is buying up American companies fast, and it’s freaking people out
- Siemens is buying a software company for about $4 billion
- Angie’s List turns down IAC’s second offer to buy it — this time for $512 million
- PH newest member of global ‘halal’ body
- NYC council votes to make tobacco-buying age 21
- Google and 16 other companies have formed a coalition that wants to police ads on the web
- Trump’s tax plan is here — here’s how Wall Street says to trade it
- Korean businessmen to conduct trade mission
- US group hits Turkey over flour trade
- Some of the largest companies in the world are coming to the defense of the New York Stock Exchange
Four trade associations propose to buy vaccines for member companies from UAE have 392 words, post on vir.com.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.