Hanoi (VNA) – Pushing ahead with vaccine diplomacy is among the tasks Vietnam's overseas representative bodies have been asked to perform so as to help achieve the " twin targets " in the last half of 2021.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) held a teleconference on July 29 to discuss measures for stepping up economic diplomacy to serve the COVID-19 combat and efforts to achieve this year's socio-economic development targets.
Addressing the event, which gathered all the 96 ambassadors and heads of overseas representative agencies of Vietnam, Minister Bui Thanh Son said the brightest spot of economic diplomacy in the first six months was vaccine diplomacy, which has helped persuade partners to provide the country with over 14 million doses of COVID-19 v accine.
He held that the pandemic will not end soon but develop more complicatedly, and that it will ease thanks to vaccination, which will create conditions for the economy to reopen.
Asking diplomats to take proactive and creative action to perform their duties, Son said apart from promoting vaccine diplomacy , they also need to keep a close watch to discover new trends during and after the pandemic so as to advise the Government about national development strategies and orientations; further expand and intensify Vietnam's economic ties with important partners and capitalise on free trade agreements; step up locality and business matching activities, adapt external economic activities to the COVID-19 pandemic; and proactively propose plans and road maps for resuming economic activities and travel between Vietnam and other countries.
To carry out these tasks, the minister called on the entire diplomatic sector to exert every effort and resource for the realisation of national development goals.
For their part, the heads of Vietnam's overseas representative bodies said they are aware of the their responsibility towards the homeland and the people amid the entire nation striving to obtain the "twin targets" of curbing the pandemic and recovering and boosting socio-economic development./.
- Cooperation helps find solution to pandemic, official says
- Coronavirus treatments: Hydroxychloroquine, vaccines and drugs for COVID-19
- Four pop-up accommodation centres to provide homeless a safe place during virus
- Australia must sustain gains as global number of COVID-19 deaths tops 100,000 and US deaths spike
- Coronavirus: Ruby Princess passenger dies as US deaths top 20,000
- Coronavirus: Australia’s death toll rises with deaths in NSW, SA, Tasmania amid warning over returning passengers
- Australia’s COVID-19 death toll rises in NSW, SA, Tasmania amid warning over returning passengers
- Eurozone crisis live: Mario Draghi vows to save the eurozone
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Dybul interview; Boris Johnson update
- Trump Kim summit: Whatever happens, North Korea-US cyberwar will rage on
- Syria crisis: Ban Ki-moon says sarin gas chemical attack a 'war crime' - as it happened
- Why the US must quit negotiating with Iran
Diplomats urged to boost vaccine diplomacy to help achieve ‘twin targets’ have 504 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.