HÀ NỘI — Đà Nẵng on Thursday started administering Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for 16,800 people, mostly high-risks people in locked down areas or essential service workers, in the phase of allocation between July 29 and August 5.
The workers include essential service workers (telecom, gas and petrol, transport, pharma), those working in quarantine facilities or locked down areas such as waste collectors and transporters.
Tiên Sơn Sport Centre and Đà Nẵng Oncology Hospital are the two locations used for the vaccination drive. Đà Nẵng Hospital has also prepared two vaccination rooms to be used for people who have health issues or allergies that need to be monitored for reactions after receiving the shot.
Ngô Thị Kim Yến, Director of Đà Nẵng's health department, said the health ministry gave Đà Nẵng 33,600 doses of Moderna as part of the donation by the US Government in the latest distribution plan, which will be used for 16,800 people.
Yến said that with stable vaccine supply, the city could administer up to 20,000 doses a day, which means the central city could vaccinate 95 per cent of all eligible people within 2-3 months.
The second jab will be administered between August 28 and September 6.
Đà Nẵng has also administered the first shot of Pfizer for 1,170 people, mostly those over 65 years old or with chronic health conditions. — VNS
- NHS told to be ready to give coronavirus vaccine from December - with Army help
- 'No decision' made yet on giving coronavirus vaccine to millions aged under 50
- GPs preparing to give Covid vaccine ‘to over 85s and NHS staff next month’
- Coronavirus: China has been giving potential vaccine to key workers since July
- Bharat Biotech starts Covaxin's at-risk manufacture
- Vietnam expands Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) service for HIV prevention
- The husband and wife behind covid vaccine that could change the world: Couple bonded over love of medical research that has given hope in battle against coronavirus
- At last! NHS workers are 'set to get a vaccine in weeks' as the Government accelerates timetable for a mass roll-out before Christmas - while ministers introduce new laws to bypass EU approval for jab
- Moderna CEO says the firm could get emergency FDA approval for a vaccine in December if trial results expected this month are successful
- Trump administration to announce that Medicare and Medicaid will cover the cost of coronavirus vaccines so older and at-risk Americans can get the jab for free
- GPs could offer Covid vaccine on Christmas and Boxing Day in plan for rapid roll-out to protect NHS workers and the vulnerable over winter
- Fauci says Americans could start getting coronavirus vaccines 'very likely before the end of this year' and says he has 'no intention' of leaving his NIH job when President-elect Biden takes office
Đà Nẵng gives Moderna vaccines to 17,000 essential service workers, high-risks quarantine staff have 492 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.