HCM CITY — HCM City has suspended toll collections at BOT (build-operate-transfer) toll stations to support the fight against the latest COVID-19 outbreak.
The city People's Committee on July 20 decided to temporarily stop toll collection operations at the An Sương – An Lạc toll station, Phú Mỹ Bridge toll station, Hà Nội Highway toll station, and toll stations on Nguyễn Văn Linh Boulevard in HCM City.
The committee sent an urgent document to request relevant departments and agencies, BOT investors, and toll road operators to strictly implement the halt.
The investors and operators are required to arrange staff to protect equipment and assets and ensure traffic safety at the toll stations, and have a plan to resume fee collection immediately after the halt is lifted.
They should also support employees affected by the halt and work with credit institutions to ask for debt rescheduling and extension of payment deadlines during the social distancing period.
The Department of Transport was assigned to supervise the toll-collection suspension activities.
The suspension will last until the city lifts social distancing measures under Government Directive No 16 or makes further announcements.
On July 19, the Directorate for Roads of Việt Nam (DRVN) asked to temporarily postpone toll collections at all BOT toll stations in southern cities and provinces from July 20 to support the fight against the pandemic.
Discussions about the suspension took place among the people's committees of these localities, BOT investors and toll road operators, as well as the Việt Nam Electronic Toll Collection (VETC) Company, Việt Nam Expressway Development and Investment Corporation (VEC), Việt Nam Digital Traffic Joint Stock Company, and Việt Nam Road Administration.
Toll stations in localities not affected much by the outbreak will only exempt tolls for vehicles carrying medical devices and equipment, medicines and essential goods.
Vehicles transporting cadres, medical workers and vulnerable people to pandemic-hit areas and people returning home from COVID-19 hotspots will also be exempt from the toll fee.
Transport departments in localities have been asked to monitor the suspension and restart toll collections only when their social distancing orders are lifted.
Besides HCM City, 18 southern provinces and cities are also applying social distancing measures under Directive No 16, including Bình Dương, Đồng Nai, Cần Thơ City, Bình Phước, Tây Ninh, Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu, Tiền Giang, Long An, Vĩnh Long, Đồng Tháp, Bến Tre, Hậu Giang, An Giang, Bạc Liêu, Sóc Trăng, Trà Vinh, Cà Mau and Kiên Giang. — VNS
- Italy shuts bars and restaurants in five more regions as another eight million people are added to 'orange zones' amid 'out-of-control' virus outbreak
- NHAI begins collecting fines from overloaded vehicles
- Britain shuts its borders: Boris reveals ALL travel corridors will be suspended from 4am Monday and EVERYONE needs negative COVID test for entry as he warns new strains are being detected and scientists confirm 11 Brits have had Brazil variant
- Boris suspends ALL travel corridors from 4am Monday and EVERYONE needs negative COVID test for entry as he warns new strains are being detected and scientists confirm 11 Brits have had Brazil variant
- Killer Chinese coronavirus 'may be passed through SALIVA' as outbreak reaches Taiwan, death toll rises to six and 300 patients are struck down - and experts predict mystery disease will continue to spread
- Covid deaths were still responsible for one in THREE deaths in England in first week of January and virus victim toll surged 92% in a week following reporting lag over Christmas
- Africa’s COVID-19 cases surpass 3.3m as death toll hits 82,000 — WHO
- Africa’s COVID-19 cases surpass 3.3m as death toll hits 82,000
- UK coronavirus death toll rises by 1,295 in highest Saturday increase of pandemic
- California lifts regional stay-at-home order
- Conservative MP calls for nationwide rollout of vitamin D tablets to people at-risk from Covid-19 after a Spanish region sees 82% drop in deaths following supplement programme
- Namibian rail operator suspends passenger services following heavy rains
BOT toll collections suspended in southern region have 691 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.