According to Lieutenant Colonel Hoang Van Trung, commanding officer of the post, at 16:40 on July 4, barge LA- 06745, captained by Nguyen Truong Luu, a resident of Long An province, capsized due to high winds and big waves while traveling from Dong Nai to Long An provinces. Luu and another fisherman, Nguyen Van Khanh, a native of Vinh Long province, jumped into the river. The barge was carrying some 400 tons of rock.
While on duty at checkpoint No.1, troops of the Border Guard Post of Nha Rong Border Gate discovered and promptly sailed a canoe to the scene to rescue the two troubled fishermen. The troops then took them to a nearby border checkpoint for medical care.
Trung added that after rescuing the fishermen, the post sent more troops and vehicles to work closely with local people and relevant forces to tow the capsized barge to a safe place in Dong Nai province.
Translated by Song Anh
- Filipino adrift at sea saved by Binh Dinh fishermen, border guards
- Indonesia’s Consulate General sends thank-you letter to Soc Trang border guards
- Fishermen rescued off Lý Sơn Islands
- 30 fishermen rescued at sea
- Distressed people saved in Dong Nai River
- Poland 'May Set Up Protectorates' to Guard Against Flood of Ukrainian Migrants
- Vietsovpetro’s staff save troubled fishermen
- Why Hope Remains for Saving the World's Largest Gorillas (Op-Ed)
- Three Indonesians rescued off Mekong Delta coast
- Defense mission inspects combat readiness of units in Ba Ria–Vung Tau province
- Sibling soldiers on the frontline against pandemic
- How the face mask became the world's most coveted commodity
Border guards save fishermen on troubled barge have 253 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.