Bac Lieu imposes night movement restrictions
The Saigon Times
|Police officers stop residents at a coronavirus checkpoint in Bac Lieu Province. The Bac Lieu government has banned all residents from leaving home from 6:00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m. without urgent or essential reasons – PHOTO: LDO|
HCMC – The Bac Lieu government has banned all residents from going out from 6:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. without an urgent or essential reason to limit the spread of Covid-19 during the social distancing period, making it the first Mekong Delta province to issue such a restriction of movement.
The restriction is aimed at ensuring the better implementation of the measures against the spread of Covid under the prime minister's Directive 16, the local media reported.
Though the stay-at-home order is in force in the province, many people have been found on the streets, said the provincial government.
The local authorities in the province are tasked with intensifying the enforcement of the shelter-in-place order.
In addition, to effectively slow the spread of the coronavirus, the provincial government has suspended the construction of houses and closed down street food stalls.
Apart from banning outdoor exercises, the province has asked people to restrict using two-wheeler vehicles to transport people, except for emergencies or patrol.
These tightened measures took effect from today, July 26, until the social distancing order ends, according to the provincial government.
- Countries in Southeast Asia impose far-reaching restrictions as coronavirus cases jump
- Stringent movement restrictions clamped on Silicon Valley amid coronavirus outbreak
- Australia considers tougher movement restrictions to combat coronavirus
- Egypt imposes nightly curfews to curb COVID-19 spread
- Coronavirus-imposed haircut time restrictions scrapped
- Millions in India under coronavirus lockdown as major cities restrict daily life
- Coronavirus: Ban on overseas travel as Scott Morrison extends social restrictions across nation
- Covid: Maha, Punjab impose curfew; other states under lockdown
- Coronavirus: Countries close borders as US restricts gatherings to 10
- Bavaria becomes first German state to impose 14-day ban on people going outdoors as country's cases leap 2,958 to 13,957
- COVID-19: Police prohibit vehicular movements in city from 6 pm today
- France tightens up restrictions as coronavirus cases near 20,000
Bac Lieu imposes night movement restrictions have 339 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.