Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Nguyen Minh Vu
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Nguyen Minh Vu said Covax Facility had promised to give more priority to Vietnam. Vu said since the Covid-19 vaccine was in short supply, Vietnamese authorities have tried their best to search and negotiate with WHO and manufacturers to ensure that Vietnam would have enough vaccines to reach herd immunity.
The PM also directed the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ambassadors to work tirelessly to ensure the vaccines.
Besides the Covax Facility, Russia has provided 1,000 doses and promised 20 million doses in 2021. Russia will also work with Vabiotech to transfer the vaccine technology to Vietnam in July. Japan sent one million doses to Vietnam on June 16 and promised another million doses. Japan will also sell and transfer the vaccine technology.
Vietnam is on the priority list for receiving vaccine aid from the US. The US committed to provide 80 million doses to the Covax Facility. In the future, Vietnam may receive vaccines from Cuba, the UK, Germany, Australia and India.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and President Nguyen Xuan Phuc all emphasised the importance of vaccines, the current shortage and vaccine equality at various international meetings including the meeting session of the United Nations Security Council and the 2021 P4G Seoul Summit.
“We also contributed USD500,000 to the Covax Facility,” Vu said. “We have had great initial results and will receive 10 million doses of vaccines in July and August.”
- WHO provides A/H1N1 vaccine to Vietnam
- International tourist arrivals rise nearly 10 percent
- International arrivals to Vietnam fall 10.4 percent in March
- Press digest - July 10
- Vietnam welcomes 10 millionth foreign tourist
- International arrivals to Vietnam fall 10.4% in March
- Nearly 670 million USD raised through G-bond auctions in July
- International Arrivals to Vietnam Up 10.6 Pct
- Best year ever: Vietnam greets 10 millionth tourist
- Vietnam welcomes 10 millionth foreign visitor in Phu Quoc
- Int’l tourist arrivals to Vietnam reach 10.5m
- Int'l arrivals up over 10% in seven months
2 million doses of Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine to arrive in Vietnam on July 10 have 334 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 9, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.