With India set to face New Zealand in the upcoming World Test Championship (WTC) final, all eyes will be on the playing conditions at The Ageas Bowl. The much-anticipated fixture begins from June 18 in Southampton. Other than the playing conditions, the venue is also a star attraction for cricket fans due to its extravagant infrastructure. Team India posted a photo of the venue on Instagram, and it looks like the venue hasn’t lost its charm even with the raging coronavirus pandemic. The post was captioned as, “Perfect setup for training”.
The Indian men’s cricket team is currently serving their mandatory isolation period in their bio-secure bubble at the venue’s on-site hotel. The Indian women’s cricket team is also serving their quarantine period at the same hotel.
After the WTC final, the Virat Kohli-led outfit will face hosts England in a five-match Test series.
Meanwhile, the women’s team will face England in a one-off Test match (June 16-20), three ODIs (June 27, June 30, July 3) and three T20Is (July 9, July 11, July 15).
During the WTC final, all eyes will also be on Jasprit Bumrah, who could become the fastest Indian pacer to take 100 Test wickets.
He needs 17 more dismissals to reach the landmark in Test cricket and has only played in 19 Test matches so far. The record is held by the legendary Kapil Dev, who reached the milestone in 25 Tests.
The majority of the Indian cricketers were last seen in action during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 season. IPL 2021 was postponed midway through the season due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Australia captain Tim Paine has a warning for World Test Championship leaders India
- ‘Now you get deducted points for below-average pitch,’ du Plessis bats for World Test Championship rules
- World Test Championship, Points Table: Australia close in on top-ranked India
- ICC World Test Championship Latest Points Table: Australia Close Gap With Leaders India, New Zealand on 5th Place
- World Test Championship: Will BCCI retire MS Dhoni’s jersey No 7?
- India To Begin World Test Championship Against West Indies On August 22
- Australia close in on India in World Test Championship points table after crushing New Zealand
- Who would have played the 2017-19 World Test Championship final if there had been one?
- Paine eyes 'mouth-watering' Test series against India but revenge not on mind
- India vs Sri Lanka 3rd T20I: To test bench strength or not? India face selection dilemma ahead of Pune T20I
- Brian Lara makes bold claim about Team India; Tips Kohli, Warner, Rohit to break 15-year-old record
- Unwell Root misses England training ahead of third South Africa Test
World Test Championship: Team India's "Perfect Setup For Training" Ahead Of WTC Final | Cricket News have 513 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at June 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.