VN-Index hits new peak on strong cash flow
The Saigon Times
|An investor watches stock information on the computer. Strong cash flow into bank and steel stocks pushed the VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange up today, June 18, to its record of 1,377.77 points – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – Strong cash flow into bank and steel stocks pushed the VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange up today, June 18, to a new record of 1,377.77 points.
At the close, the main index jumped by 17.85 points, or 1.31%, against the day earlier, with 249 winners and 138 losers. Trade volume totaled over 809 million shares worth VND23.7 trillion, up over 5% in both volume and value from the previous session.
Over 58 million shares valued at VND2.8 trillion were traded in block deals.
In the group of bank stocks, HDB, EIB, BID, MBB and TCB were in positive territory, while lender VCB made a strong rise and reported a matching volume of over 3.2 million shares.
Housing developer VHM was among key drivers of the southern bourse, improving 3.2% at the close.
Among the steel stocks, TLH and SMC shot up to their ceiling prices, while NKG, POM and HSG soared by 2.9%-5.2%.
Many small and medium stocks also became cash magnets and moved up at the end, with property group FLC maintaining its growth momentum and closing up 3.1%. FLC became the most actively traded stock on the southern market with 53 million shares traded.
Financial firm FIT was also one of biggest gainers, rising by 2% and reporting a matching volume of 30 million shares.
With 109 gainers and 84 decliners, the HNX-Index of the Hanoi Stock Exchange stood at 318.73 points at the close, inching up a slight 0.52% from the session earlier.
Among the bank stocks, NVB ended at the reference price, while SHB and BAB made a mild rise. Lender SHB also took the lead on the northern bourse by liquidity, with 16.7 million shares changing hands.
Other largecaps such as securities companies SHS and MBS and service company THD finished the day up and contributed to the growth of the index, while many steel stocks were among the best performers.
- Carbon levels hit new peak, research shows
- Major stock indexes hit new highs on trade news
- VN-Index posts second straight gaining session
- VN-Index goes up on the increase of pillars
- Is cash flow continuing to head for Vietnam’s startups?
- Sensex, Nifty Hit Record Peaks in Opening Session Amid Strong Global Cues
- Nifty50 scales new peak! These 20 stocks surged 31-153% from previous to current record high
- Wall Street hits new record high on Disney, Best Buy
- Stocks stop short of new peaks as Sino-US tensions weigh
- Stocks stop short of new peaks as Sino-U.S. tensions weigh
- Sino-US tensions keep shares from new peak
- Sensex Hits Record Peak, Rallies Nearly 500 Points; Nifty Reclaims 12,000
VN-Index hits new peak on strong cash flow have 446 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.