Officials in Quang Ninh Province in northern Vietnam announced on Tuesday the reopening of several tourism locations and services after over one month of shuttering to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
The announcement was made by the Quang Ninh People's Committee in an official letter to lower-level authorities.
As per the statement, the province has gone over a month without detecting any new COVID-19 case in the community.
Considering this track record, the province will allow tourism locations, heritage sites, sightseeing spots, religious premises, as well as service facilities to reopen to local visitors.
Coffee shops, beverage stalls, restaurants, eateries, lottery stalls, as well as cultural services, sport arenas, gyms, yoga centers, billards clubs, and golf courses are also allowed to resume operations, Quang Ninh authorities added.
Meanwhile, karaoke parlors, massage parlors, nightclubs, bars and pubs, and gaming centers will have to remain shuttered.
The People's Committee of Quang Ninh Province has ordered lower-level authorities to consult the local Party Committee and the Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control before formulating their own reopening plans based on realistic scenarios of epidemic prevention.
Local authorities can shut down facilities after the reopening if any negligence of the COVID-19 prevention guideline is detected.
Despite limiting the tourism reopening to Quang Ninh visitors at the moment, the provincial authority is assessing the possibility of reopening to tourists from other provinces in a bid to catch up with soaring summer travel demand.
Quang Ninh is developing demand stimulus programs, including tour packages with COVID-19 testing covered to draw in customers while also ensuring safety.
The province closed travel destinations on May 6 amid Vietnam’s new wave of coronavirus infections, which broke out a week earlier.
It is home to various tourist attractions, relic and historical sites, including the UNESCO-recognized Ha Long Bay.
- Destinations should not be missed in Quang Ninh
- Quang Ninh ready to connect with national public service portal
- Strategic investors change face of Quang Ninh’s tourism
- Quang Ninh hopes to turn circus festival into a tourism product
- Circus festival entertains tourists in Quang Ninh
- Quang Ninh seminar looks for solutions to plastic waste
- Quang Ninh welcomes many potential investors since beginning of year
- Quang Ninh hopes to become logistics center of the north
- Quang Ninh province retains top place in PCI ranking
- Quang Ninh: Private sector breathes fresh air into local infrastructure
- Positive policy making needed for agri-tourism booming
- European travel agencies explore tourism destinations in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Quang Ninh reopens selected tourism services have 414 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.