A vaccination center in the north-central Vietnamese province of Nghe An has been temporarily closed down after two COVID-19 patients were discovered to have visited the venue prior to their diagnosis.
The vaccination facility of Vietnam Vaccine JSC (VNVC) in Vinh City, Nghe An Province was suspended on Sunday, according to Nguyen Van Dinh, director of the provincial Center for Disease Control.
A married couple had taken their two-year-old child to the center before being confirmed as COVID-19 patients, Dinh added.
The family, residing in neighboring Ha Tinh Province, arrived at the center on the morning of June 8 and filled out health declaration forms in accordance with regulations.
On June 12, the husband was confirmed to have contracted COVID-19.
His wife later tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Thirty-four direct contacts have been quarantined and tested for the pathogen.
The Nghe An Center for Disease Control is tracking other people who came into contact with the patients as well as those who visited the vaccination center on the morning of June 8.
Authorities in Nghe An have asked all residents to file health declarations if they had returned from Ha Tinh from June 1 or have such symptoms as a fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, a sore throat, and fatigue.
The current pandemic situation in Ha Tinh Province is very complicated as more than 40 local cases have been recorded over the past week.
Meanwhile, Nghe An has only detected one patient since the fourth transmission wave began in Vietnam on April 27.
As of Monday morning, Vietnam has documented 10,630 COVID-19 cases, with 3,998 recoveries and 59 deaths, according to the health ministry.
The country has recorded 7,424 local infections in 40 provinces and cities in the ongoing wave.
- Hinoba-an Rural Health Unit, birthing center shut due to COVID-19 cases
- Vietnamese aviation, tourism near collapse as COVID-19 havoc persists
- Moderna Vaccine Is Highly Protective Against Covid-19, the F.D.A. Finds
- Hundreds of vaccinated medical workers contract COVID-19, as Indonesian hospitals reach breaking point
- How likely is it to contract COVID-19 on a plane?
- Vietnam plans comprehensive vaccine industry growth focused on Covid-19
- Fact check: How high is the risk of contracting COVID-19 in a stadium?
- Melbourne aged care home sent into lockdown after worker contracts COVID-19
- Parts of Queensland set for lockdown after hospital worker contracts COVID-19
- Carmakers Offer Extension On Warranty And Free Service To Support Customers During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Thai Covid-19 Center announces relaxation of Covid-19 preventive measures nationwide, particularly in dark red zones provinces
- The Batman Pauses Production as Robert Pattinson Contracts Covid-19
Vietnamese vaccination center shut down as customers contract COVID-19 have 427 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.