Vietnam reports second highest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases
The Saigon Times
|A local street is disinfected. The Ministry of Health reported 155 new Covid-19 cases this evening of June 16 – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health this evening, June 16, reported 155 new Covid-19 cases, raising the day’s total number of infections to 423, the second highest number of new infections recorded in a single day so far.
On May 25, Vietnam recorded the most infections in a day, at 447.
The new cases tonight, including six imported cases and 149 locally-infected cases, were detected in 10 localities.
Specifically, Tay Ninh and Kien Giang had two imported cases each, and Quang Nam and Khanh Hoa reported one case each.
As for the domestic infections, 90 cases were confirmed in Bac Giang, 45 in HCMC, 10 in Bac Ninh, two in Nghe An and one each in Ha Nam and Bac Kan.
The new cases sent the country's Covid-19 tally to 11,635, including 8,410 cases in the latest wave, which began on April 27.
The total number of new cases in HCMC today reached 99, the highest in a single day since early last year.
Today, 47 patients were announced to recover from Covid-19.
HCMC Chairman Nguyen Thanh Phong has signed a decision assigning municipal vice chairman Duong Anh Duc to direct all issues related to the fight against Covid-19 in the city.
Another vice chairman, Vo Van Hoan, will be responsible for Duc's other duties until a new directive is issued.
Today, the steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control of the Mekong Delta province of Tien Giang reported nine more suspected Covid-19 cases, including seven cases in My Hoi Hamlet of Cai Lay Town's My Hanh Dong Commune and two others in Cai Be District.
The cases in Cai Lay were sent to field hospitals for treatment on June 15. The competent agencies have traced 12 F1 cases and 58 F2 cases of these cases.
Tien Giang Vice Chairman Nguyen Van Muoi asked the healthcare sector to help Cai Lay take samples from all 2,300 residents in My Hoi Hamlet.
Two cases in Cai Be were linked to Covid-19 patients who are employees of the Trung Luong-My Thuan Expressway project.
The Tien Giang government has established teams in charge of fighting Covid-19 in the province. The teams include two to three people each, including officials in residential areas, representatives of grassroots organizations and volunteers.
They will encourage and remind residents to comply with anti-pandemic regulations; and monitor and report suspected Covid-19 cases or those failing to make health declarations or comply with the regulations to the local authorities.
- Olympic host Japan records highest number of new COVID-19 cases since start of pandemic
- Malaysia reports more than 13,000 new COVID-19 cases, second highest daily tally
- Bengaluru reports less than 1,000 new Covid-19 cases for first time in two months; CM hints at further relaxation
- Coronavirus: Scotland records highest number of new COVID-19 cases in 3 months
- SL vs IND 2021: Second T20I Postponed After Confirmed Covid-19 Case in Indian Camp
- Vietnam records over 4,000 new domestic Covid-19 cases
- Michigan reports highest number of new COVID-19 cases since December
- Kerala Reports More Than 20,000 Fresh Covid-19 Cases for Fourth Consecutive Day
- China's Nanjing reports 6 new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases
- India Reports Slower Rise in COVID-19 Cases but Warns of Surge in Rural Areas
- Vietnam records 3,898 new Covid-19 cases this morning
- County Health Department Reports 2,600 New COVID-19 Cases, 10 Deaths
Vietnam reports second highest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases have 551 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.