According to the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control’s Treatment Subcommittee, the woman, who lives in Chau Thanh district, had contracted tuberculosis, suffered from high blood pressure and had been a type 2 diabetic for more than 10 years.
On June 2, the woman returned from Cambodia to Vietnam together with her daughter and grandchild via the Moc Bai International Border Gate in the southwestern province of Tay Ninh, where they were all quarantined on arrival.
After testing positive for the coronavirus two days later, she was hospitalised at Ben Cau medical centre in a state of exhaustion and with chest pain.
Then, she was diagnosed with tuberculosis resulting from acute respiratory distress syndrome associated with COVID-19.
On June 11, the patient was put on mechanical ventilation and received intensive care, however, due to the rapid progression of the infection, worsening respiratory failure and underlying chronic health problems, she did not respond well to treatment and died on June 14.
As of noon on June 18, Vietnam has logged 10,755 domestic and 1,669 imported COVID-19 infections. The number of cases in the fourth COVID-19 wave is 9,185./.
- Three COVID-19-related deaths confirmed on July 14 afternoon
- REVEALED: All 92 COVID-19-related deaths in Maryland were among people who were unvaccinated
- Two more COVID-19-related death announced on Tuesday evening
- Two more COVID-19-related deaths announced on Tuesday evening
- Two more COVID-19-related deaths reported
- Three COVID-19-related deaths announced on Wednesday
- Five COVID-19 related deaths reported, four without underlying conditions
- Vietnam records 174 COVID-19 cases on May 28 afternoon
- Five more COVID-19-related deaths announced
- Covid-19-related deaths in NI rise for sixth week
- Coronavirus: 14 Covid-19-related deaths at Killyleagh care home
- 73-year-old S'porean, infected with Covid-19 before start of circuit-breaker, is 26th Covid-19 related death
Vietnam recorded 62nd COVID-19-related death have 318 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.