Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam reported 176 new COVID-19 cases from 6am to 12pm on June 16, comprising 174 domestic and two imported ones, according to the Ministry of Health .
Of the locally transmitted infections, Bac Giang logged 128 cases, Ho Chi Minh City 35, Bac Ninh eight, Ha Tinh two and Nghe An one.
Up to 173 cases were detected in quarantine sites or sealed off areas.
The national tally reached 11,480, including 9,831 local cases. The number of COVID-19 cases since April 27, when the latest outbreak began, amounted to 8,261.
There were 4,543 recoveries while the death toll remained at 61.
Among active patients undergoing treatment at medical establishments, 343 have tested negative for coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 once, 99 twice and 55 thrice.
Twenty-four provinces have gone through 14 consecutive days without new cases.
In a bid to live safely with the pandemic, the MoH has called on citizens to follow the 5K message, including khau trang (facemask), khu khuan (disinfection), khoang cach (distance), khong tu tap (no gathering), and khai bao y te (health declaration), to help contain the outbreaks./.
- Corporate hospitals see no new suspected COVID-19 cases
- Xinhua Headlines: Tracking down Wuhan's new confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Zhejiang reports two new imported COVID-19 cases
- About 30 labs in Vietnam capable of testing for COVID-19
- Vietnam shall quarantine all from COVID-19-hit areas in South Korea: PM
- HCM City tracks five passengers on same flight as confirmed COVID-19 case
- Vietnamese people in EU countries stay calm despite COVID-19 cases increasing
- Morning Digest: COVID-19 cases rise to 29 in India; Biden wins 9 States in Super Tuesday race, Bloomberg drops out, and more
- Coronavirus: Germany's COVID-19 cases almost double
- New Covid-19 cases in India spook Dalal Street
- Vietnam hospital to discharge last Covid-19 patient
- Coronavirus latest: Germany's COVID-19 cases almost double
Vietnam posts 174 new domestic COVID-19 cases on June 16 noon have 279 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.