The fine is expected to stop littering used face masks on the streets.
Vietnam will impose fines of VND3million-VND7 million (US$129-300 on those who discard protective plastic face masks, putting others at risk of the novel coronavirus infection and polluting the environment.
Since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, Vietnam's Ministry of Health and international agencies, including the World Health Organization (WHO), have recommended people to use face masks in crowded places to protect themselves from the infectious coronavirus.
Face masks are littered on the roadside, affecting the city’s landscape and environment, as well as people’s health. Photo: Phuc Vo
The health ministry has required local authorities to arrange enough trash bins in public areas and ensure that people discard used face masks in the right places. However, many people have ignored this advice, littering the used masks indiscriminately on the streets, spoiling the environment, increasing the danger of infections, and undermining public safety.
The ministry confirmed another 81 Covid-19 patients on June 11 at noon, sending the domestic count of Vietnam’s fourth wave to 6,718 in over six weeks.
Vietnam has recorded community transmissions in 39 cities and provinces since late April as it has experienced the most challenging Covid-19 outbreak yet.
The northern hotspot of Bac Giang continues to have the highest infections, at 3,764, followed by its neighbor province of Bac Ninh with 1,240 cases and Ho Chi Minh City with 590.
- Coffee Face Masks For Skin Tightening
- Taking stock: 7 heart-warming stories from Vietnam
- Benefits Of Using Orange Peel Off Mask On Face
- Hilarious moment man curses, growls and whimpers in pain as a very sticky face pack is slowly ripped off his face
- Not-so-messy Mud Mask Recipes That You Can Try At Home
- 4 veterans among those needed for Vietnam Wall photo project
- Let every breath count: UNICEF Vietnam
- Latest escalation of US-China trade war threatens Vietnam
- Vietnam part of thriving illegal trade in tigers
- 300 construction inspectors in HCM City disciplined
- Jay walkers, litter bugs and dodgy parkers could be targeted by new facial recognition laws that were supposed to target terrorists and killers - and why you'll LOSE your right to remain silent
- Eight-month-old Labrador-cross Bethany who was born so badly disfigured that her face shocks people is looking for her forever home
Vietnam imposes $300 fine for face mask littering have 368 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.