According to the ministry’s report, 59 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 19 in Bac Giang, 30 in Ho Chi Minh City, six in Bac Ninh, three in Ha Tinh, and one in Hoa Binh.
The 19 cases in Bac Giang were recorded at some local industrial parks which have reported a large outbreak over the last few weeks.
Three imported patients are all Vietnamese people who recently returned from Cambodia and Japan. They were sent to quarantine areas in Tay Ninh and Quang Nam provinces upon arrival and are now being treated at local hospitals.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 12,414 including 10,742 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on June 18, a total of 4,733 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
So far there have been 62 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, over 170,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
On June 17, an additional 200,263 people were given Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam, raising the total number of vaccine doses used in the country to 1,991,059. The number of people who have received two doses has risen to 89,833.
- At least 107 measles cases confirmed across 21 states
- As Delaware coastal waters warm, risk of deadly bacteria rises
- US Embassy in Cuba hit by new sonic attack, 19 Americans have brain injuries and hearing problems
- De Blasio incorrectly hails April as having ‘fewest shootings’ in modern NYC history, as arrests for serious crimes rise
- Pink eye on the rise in Houston
- Cracked: The codes that private investigators say prove D.B. Cooper's identity as Army veteran
- Lilis Energy Provides Second Quarter 2018 and Year-To-Date Operating Results
- Avadel Pharmaceuticals Reports Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Staying Power
- Sotherly Hotels Inc. Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter Ended June 30, 2018
- 119 Of Many Ways Donald Trump Harms Animals People Birds Fishes Butterflies Bees Water : Indybay
- An Army of Deer Ticks Carrying Lyme Disease Is Advancing and Here’s Why It Will Only Get Worse
Vietnam confirms 62 more Covid-19 patients, Firday tally rises to 264 have 422 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.