In the win against Malaysia on Friday, the Korean received a yellow card for remonstrating with the referee, his second at the 2022 World Cup Asian qualifiers after one during Vietnam’s 0-0 draw with Thailand in September 2019.
Park has been suspended for Vietnam's last game in group G against the UAE.
He is prohibited from entering the dressing room and appearing in the stadium tunnel or technical area, including the area meant for reserve players. He can sit in the stands but is not allowed to enter areas adjacent to the field.
He cannot contact or interact with anyone about the match in any form during the match or attend the post-match interview and related media activities on the field.
Assistant Lee Young-jin will manage the team in his absence. Lee plays a key role in technical training and providing tactical options to Park.
This is the second time Park has been suspended since he started coaching Vietnam in 2017.
The first time was in the SEA Games 30 final in 2019 against Indonesia, when he remonstrated with the referee after some of his players were fouled. He had to pay a fine of $5,000 and was suspended for four games.
Vietnam are on top of Group G in the second qualifying round with 17 points, two more than hosts UAE. The team will enter the third stage as the group leader if they do not lose to the UAE on June 15.
The game will take place at 11:45 p.m. (Hanoi time) and will be reported live on VnExpress International.
- Vietnam suspends visas for visitors from coronavirus-hit areas
- Vietnam-Iraq friendly scheduled ahead of World Cup qualifier match
- Thousands of Chinese stuck in central Vietnam province after suspension of flights
- Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific suspend flights to China, Taiwan and Hong Kong
- AIFF hands two-match suspensions to Habas, Eelco for misconduct
- ISL: Habas, Schattorie handed two-match suspensions
- Pakistan vs Australia: Aaron Finch, Peter Siddle bolt into Australia Test squad for UAE tour
- Vietnam schedule March friendly against Iraq
- Lovren returns for Liverpool’s quarter-final clash with Porto
- Resurgent Garbine Muguruza Sets Up Simona Halep Clash In Australian Open Semi-Finals
- Australian Open: Resurgent Garbine Muguruza sets up Halep clash in semi-finals
- Chinese carrier airlifts 175 passengers from Da Lat
Vietnam coach to be spectator in UAE clash after suspension have 363 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.