New York (VNA) – Ambassador Pham Hai Anh, Deputy Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the UN, voiced concerns over the ongoing violation of the Disengagement of Forces Agreement in the Golan Heights during a closed-door discussion of the UN Security Council (UNSC) on June 14.
The event saw Jean-Pierre Lacroix, UN Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations, briefing about the security situation in the Golan Heights and activities of the UN Disengagement Observer Force in the area (UNDOF).
Anh called on all parties to exercise restraint and respect agreements, international laws and UNSC resolutions regarding the issue, so as to maintain peace and stability in the region.
Vietnam supports the UNDOF's efforts in easing tension between the parties, he said, emphasising it is important to ensure safety and security of the UN peacekeepers here, particularly protect them from the risk of unexploded ordnance and use of improvised explosive devices made by some extremist groups.
On the same day, the UNSC met to hear quarterly reports on situation in Sudan and Somalia, delivered by Committees 1591 and 751, respectively./.
- 'This action can seriously aggravate the situation in the region.' Vladimir Putin uses emergency call to Emmanuel Macron to blast Donald Trump's drone strike on Iran's terror chief
- Vietnam, Brunei to strive for ASEAN central role in regional security mechanisms
- Posters for Vietnam's ASEAN Chairmanship Year 2020 announced
- U.S. says completes second aircraft carrier visit to Vietnam
- US aircraft carrier visit to Vietnam sends message of 'important' partnership: experts
- Vietnam’s tourism safe haven in stormy times
- Three Covid-19 patients in Vietnam ‘in very critical condition’
- Vietnam to quarantine visitors in coronavirus battle
- Vietnam to halt issue of all visas in coronavirus battle
- The call for collective action
- Romania supports signature of EU-Vietnam free trade agreement
- In Vietnam, students give app bad ratings to avoid remote schooling
Vietnam calls for peace, stability in Golan Heights have 307 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 15, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.