During the talks, the Cambodian Defense Minister congratulated General Giang for being promoted to Minister of National Defense and expressed his belief that the Vietnamese defense minister will make more important contributions to strengthening cooperation between the two militaries.
On the occasion, the Cambodian Defense Minister thanked Vietnam for its timely dispatch of experts and medical supplies to assist Cambodia's fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
For his part, General Giang highlighted the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces' efforts in combating SAR-CoV-2 over the past time and emphasized that Vietnam will stand side-by-side with and try its best to help Cambodia overcome the difficulties caused by the pandemic. He affirmed that in any circumstances, the Vietnamese Party, State, and Army always attach great importance to promoting the fine neighborhood, traditional friendship, and comprehensive cooperation with Cambodia.
Giang believed that in the coming time the two sides will exert more efforts to strengthen Vietnam-Cambodia defense ties in an intensive manner, maintaining its role as one of the pillars in the bilateral relationship.
During the talks, the two defense ministers affirmed that amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the two defense ministries have developed suitable and effective forms of cooperation, especially in training, mutual support in COVID-19 prevention and control, and border protection.
The two sides said that the complicated development of the COVID-19 pandemic in the coming time might affect the implementation of this year's cooperation plans.
Therefore, the two countries should renew their cooperation methods, particularly in political and ideological education for troops of the two armies, the maintenance of the defense policy dialogue mechanism, personnel training, management of the shared borderline, and the fight against cross-border crimes, smuggling, drug trafficking, and illegal exits and entries.
The two defense ministers also agreed to continue supporting each other at multilateral forums to which both militaries are members.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Vietnam, US hold defense policy dialogue in Washington DC
- Pentagon Chief Visits Hanoi, Manila to Shore Up Defense Relations Amid Stronger Anti-China Push
- US-Vietnam to upgrade relations to strategic partnership
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 26
- U.S. Secretary of Defense pays official visit to Vietnam
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 27
- Vietnam expects more COVID-19 vaccine support from US
- US defense secretary visits iconic Vietnam War locations
- Deputy Defense Minister meets RoK’s outgoing, new defense attachés
- South Korea and China End Dispute Over Missile Defense System
- Security holds sway over Vietnam-US cooperation: Pompeo
Vietnam and Cambodia to boost defense cooperation have 399 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 13, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.