The facemasks, which were manufactured by Phu Bao Medical at its production facility in Long An Province, arrive at a critical moment for Timor-Leste as it battles a surge in COVID-19 cases. The situation has been further compounded by devastating floods and landslides caused by tropical cyclone Seroja, which have caused extensive damage throughout the country, including to national medical storage facilities.
The floods could not have come at a worse time, Peter Roberts, Australian Ambassador to Timor Leste said: "COVID cases have increased dramatically over recent months. Health centres, bridges and thousands of homes were destroyed or damaged. With many essential services knocked out by the floods and thousands of people being forced to take refuge at evacuation centers, the country is facing mounting challenges in preventing the further spread of the virus. The facemasks supplied by Vietnam will make a highly valued contribution to the fight against COVID-19, particularly in helping to protect medical staff and other frontline workers".
"By working together to deliver these much-needed medical supplies, Australia and Vietnam are assisting Timor-Leste in its fight against the spread of COVID-19. It is another example of the growing practical cooperation between Vietnam and Australia under our Strategic Partnership, and Vietnam's increasing leadership in addressing regional challenges", Robyn Mudie, Australian Ambassador to Vietnam said.
- 146 firefighters coming from Australia, New Zealand to fight blazes across U.S.
- To Fight Mosquito-Borne Dengue, Scientists Are Releasing Modified Insects
- Vietnam War memories are still raw for some of its Iowa veterans
- War, loss & unthinkable youth: What a conflict this long does to those who fight it, and to our democracy
- Trump touts 'great relationship' with Philippine Pres. Duterte, has brief discussion on human rights
- Mystery firefighter tends to garden, baby turkeys of evacuated CA couple
- Philippine troops arrest Marawi militants' 'main financier'
- Tweet by tweet: John McCain and Donald Trump feuded for years
- Reduced emissions technology keeps coal in the mix
- Danger Close – How A US Raid On An Afghan Village Went Wrong
- Bush Is Serving Up the Cold War Warmed Over
- Welcome To America — Now Spy On Your Friends
Vietnam and Australia assist COVID-19 fight of Timor-Leste have 347 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 14, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.