The Ministry of Health on Tuesday evening announced the 79th and 80th COVID-19 related deaths in Vietnam, both are elderly female patients with severe underlying medical conditions.
HCM City Hospital for TropicalDiseases.— Photo chinhphu.vn
The 64-year-old patient from northern Bắc Giang Province tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 on May 26 and was hospitalised for treatment. She was then transferred to Bắc Giang Lung Hospital on May 31 after she experienced difficulty breathing.
She was moved to the Intensive Care Centre of Bắc Giang Psychiatric Hospital on June 12 after her condition worsened. She died on June 28.
Prior to the virus, she was suffering from cerebrovascular disease and polyarthritis.
The cause of death has been recorded as severe SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia, complications of acute respiratory failure and septic shock in patients with cerebrovascular accident and polyarthritis.
The 85-year-old patient from HCM City's Phú Nhuận District lived with her son who was a COVID-19 patient. She was suffering from hypertension and type 2 diabetes.
She was diagnosed with severe pneumonia by COVID-19 and was hospitalised at Củ Chi Hospital for treatment on June 7. She was then moved to HCM City Hospital for Tropical Diseases later the same day after her condition worsened. She died on June 28.
The cause of death has been recorded as severe COVID-19 pneumonia, complications of respiratory failure and septic shock in patients with hypertension and type 2 diabetes.
- At least 4,645 people died in Puerto Rico due to Hurricane Maria, Harvard study estimates, exceeding official toll of 64
- 7m people die every year from air pollution – WHO
- Mutiny Festival cancelled after two people die amid warnings of 'high strength or bad batch' substances
- Ebola: 17 people die as new outbreak of virus is reported in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Hyderabad: Man dies after drunken brawl over a game
- 18 killed in rain-related incidents in Pakistan
- What happened to ‘We the People?’
- Patricia Morison, the original 'Kiss Me, Kate' star, dies at 103
- Number of flu-related deaths in Idaho jumps to 13
- Knowles: Kelly tackles pregnancy-related deaths
- Kanye West calls Kim Kardashian's Selena costume one of his 'favorite moments,' upsets people again
- Filmmaker Carlos Carvalho dies after a fatal run-in with a giraffe he was filming at a South African wildlife facility
Two more people die of COVID-related complications have 364 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.